Instagram Stories and Instagram Posts are one of the best ways to engage with your followers or customers on Instagram. However, both of them are unique and have their advantages, and today we are going to make them compete against each other to see which one is better than the other. So, without wasting any more time, let us learn about Instagram Posts and Instagram Stories in detail.
Key Differences Between Instagram Posts and Instagram Stories
Following are the key differences between Instagram Posts and Instagram Stories:
- Instagram Post is an image/video that you share or publish on your Instagram profile to engage with your followers. These photos or videos remain in your feed until you delete them, whereas Instagram Story is a short video or image that you post on Instagram, which automatically disappears after 24 hours.
- Instagram Posts are permanent, whereas Instagram Stories are temporary.
- Instagram Posts have a 2200-character limit in the caption, whereas Instagram Stories have a 15-second limit. However, if your video is bigger than that, then you can post multiple 15 seconds videos on your Instagram profile.
- Instagram Posts represent your brand and its purpose, whereas Instagram Stories can be used to present your brand, offers, or behind the scenes content and are more fun to make.
- We can apply filters and stickers on Instagram Stories, but we cannot apply stickers or filters on Instagram Posts. However, we can use hashtags in Instagram Posts to increase its organic reach.
Similarities Between Instagram Posts and Instagram Stories
Following are the similarities between Instagram Posts and Instagram Stories:
- Both of them are used to drive engagement on Instagram.
- Both of them require you to post images and videos on Instagram.
- Instagram Posts are permanent, whereas Instagram Stories are temporary and remain on your profile for only 24 hours. However, you can save these stories and place them on your profile as your best Instagram Stories.
When Should You Use Instagram Posts?
Instagram Posts are ideal when you want to ensure that your post remains visible to your followers forever or when you want to make your feed visually appealing. Besides this, Instagram Posts have a better reach as compared to Instagram Stories, and most people usually go through our feed before engaging with the content/brand.
When Should You Use Instagram Stories?
Instagram Stories are ideal for sharing behind-the-scenes videos or for sharing temporary content that is specially designed for engaging with your followers. Besides this, Instagram Stories have a better engagement rate than Instagram Posts. So, if you want to share behind the scenes videos or temporary content on your profile, then you should use Instagram Stories.
Instagram posts are ideal for posting permanent content on our profile or for making our Instagram feed visually appealing. Whereas Instagram Stories are ideal for sharing temporary content or behind the scenes videos/images. But that does not mean that one is more superior than the other, and we must use both of them if we want to grow our profile and get the most out of Instagram.