“Apple Releases iOS 12.4.6 Update for Devices Incompatible with iOS 13”
If you are running the older iPad, iPhone or Apple TV, then the release of new updates having the tons of latest updates regarding software of new and old devices will be a lot more helpful for you. The latest updates as iOS12.4.6 are especially for the older model of the iPad and iPhone devices, which are not able to run iPadOS 13.4 and iOS 13.4. It is said that Apple has included some significant updates regarding security in iOS12.4.6, which can be downloaded and installed by the eligible users on their devices. The devices considered eligible for downloading and installing the updates of iOS 12.4.6 includes iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPad Air 1, the 6th generation of iPod touch, iPad Mini 3 and iPad Mini 2.
Ways to Update to iOS 12.4.6
Before initiating any system update, the users must back up the iPad or iPhone to iCloud or MacOS or iTunes as a failure to back up may result in loss of data for the users. Here are the steps to back up to iCloud from iPad or iPhone:-
- Make sure that your iPad or iPhone is connected to a network of Wi-Fi
- Now, after opening the Settings appearing as gears on your iPad or iPhone, click on your name, looking on the Settings at the top.
- Now, click on iCloud to get access to settings of iCloud.
- After that, click on the iCloud Backup option visible under the section of iCloud.
- You have to make sure that the iCloud Backup option is ON.
- Now, click on Backup Now for starting the iCloud back up for other devices.
- Wait till the backup process completes.
Now, the users can move to complete the downloading iOS 12.4.6 while going to the Settings in the mechanism of software updating in iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone. The steps are the following:-
- The users will need to go to the Settings and open it.
- Now, you will be required to move to the Option of General and then tap on it.
- Next, tap on Software Update after choosing it.
- In the end, select Download and Install iOS 12.4.6 and tap on the options.
It is worthy of mentioning here that the users can download and install iOS 12.4.6 automatically; however, they need to complete a device reboot. When the users finish the installation, then the accessories such as iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone will automatically back itself and become usable again. The more advanced users can choose to update their iPad or IPhone manually with the use of download links of IPSW. It needs to follow straightforward and convenient steps to use IPSW links while using them on Windows or Mac, but iTunes must work correctly on both the devices. You must install the latest version of iTunes properly by following the below-given steps:-
- First of all, connect the iOS or iPhone to the computer you have correctly.
- Then, after selecting the iTunes device, go to Mac.
- Now, while holding down the key of Option, tap on Update.
- On the Windows, while holding down the Shift key, tap on Update.
- After selecting the file of IPSW downloaded earlier, tap on choose.
Daisy Martin is a qualified IT engineer by education. After working in the IT sector for a decade, she began writing about it two years ago. She loves to write about emerging technology like office.com/setup.