QuickBooks Database Server Manager allows users to share company files with other systems over the same network. It also monitors the multi-user network. In order to access the company files, you need to have QuickBooks Database Server Manager running. However, sometimes while opening the company file in multi-user mode, users get QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped error. QuickBooks database server manager is not running on the server error usually occurs due to firewall interruptions. This article will guide you on why QuickBooks Database Server Manager failed to start. So, read it carefully till the end.
If you’re getting QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped error while working on QuickBooks, then get in touch with theQuickBooks support team by dialing our helpline number (855)-526-5749 for troubleshooting help and guidance
Troubleshooting Methods for QuickBooks Database Server Manager failed error There might be multiple reasons due to which QuickBooks Database Server Manager will not start. Given below are the most effective ways to resolve the error:
Method 1. Clean Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager
To clean install, we need to uninstall QuickBooks Database Server Manager, then rename the installation folder and reinstall the server manager. Take a look at the process:
Uninstalling Database Server Manager
- Tap Windows and R keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Write ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the Run window and click OK.
- Choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the list of programs.
- Select Uninstall/Change.
Now, follow the steps to rename the installation folders.
- Navigate to the installation folder location.
- On your keyboard, tap Windows and R keys together.
- Next, copy and paste the location of the folder and hit Enter.
- Right-click on the folder and select Rename.
- Type .OLD at the end of the folder name.
After renaming, reinstall QuickBooks Database Server Manager using the steps given below:
- Shut down all the programs running on the server system.
- Open the Setup_QuickBooks.exe file.
- Follow the step-wise instructions.
- When asked to select an install type, choose Custom or Network Options and click Next.
- Choose one from the options given below for network setup:
1.Select “I’ll be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer, AND I’ll be storing” if you want QuickBooks and Database Server Manager on your server computer. We advise you to choose this option.
2.Select “I will NOT be using QuickBooks Desktop” if you only want Database Server Manager on your server computer.
- Select Install.
If you still get QuickBooks Database Server Manager failed error, try method 2.
Method 2. Check Windows firewall and antivirus permissions
Following are the steps to configure the firewall manually by adding the firewall port exception for the QuickBooks application. You need to perform the same steps for each version if you use multiple versions of QuickBooks:
- Foremost, click on the Windows Start menu.
- Open Windows Firewall and select Advanced Settings.
- Right-click on Inbound Rules or Outbound Rules and then select New Rule.
- ( Note: From here, the steps for Inbound and Outbound Rules are the same. )
- Select Port and then click Next.
- Ensure TCP is selected.
- Enter the specific ports needed for the QuickBooks version you’re using within the specific local ports field.
- Enter the port number and click Next.
- After that, choose Allow the Connection and click Next.
- When prompted, ensure all profiles are marked, then select Next.
- Create a rule and name it as “QBPorts (year).”
- Once done, click Finish.
If the QuickBooks database server manager is not running on the server error exists, proceed to the following solution.
Method 3. Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
This method involves two procedures. First, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then running Quick Fix my Program:
Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Then, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen steps.
- To proceed further, agree to the terms and conditions.
- After the installation completes, double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
Run Quick Fix my Program
- Once the QuickBooks Tool Hub opens, click on the Program Problems tab.
- Next, select QuickBooks Fix my Program.
- The tool will fix the program issues.
- After the tool finishes, open QuickBooks.
We hope now you’re able to fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped issue. If the error persists, contact the certified QuickBooks team by calling us on our toll-free number (855)-526-5749.
You can read this Article also What causes QuickBooks Error H505? and Why to Fix it?