You open your email inbox and look for the important emails, but you see that most emails in your inbox are not relevant. Instead, the majority of the emails in your inbox are sent by random brands for promotional purposes. Now you are annoyed as it is hard for you to find out the relevant emails. You decide to delete all these emails from your inbox so that you only see the important emails. However, this doesn’t solve the issue as the senders will send similar irrelevant emails again. Therefore, it is pretty crucial to block emails from particular senders. When you block the sender instead of deleting the email, it permanently stops emails from that specific address.
In case you want to stop emails from particular senders to make your inbox easy to access, you have arrived at the right website. This guide teaches how to prevent unwanted emails from specific senders in Microsoft Outlook.
Stopping Useless Emails in Microsoft Outlook
Outlook is a popular email client developed by Microsoft. It is one of the most utilized email browser applications around the world. This app has a perfect control for preventing emails from chosen senders. It is full of useful features and provides excellent controls over your emails.
We have a total of two solutions to prevent unwanted emails in your inbox. The first method is to use a feature called Rules that allows you to set a rule for blocking emails from specific senders. In this method, the unwanted emails will be deleted as soon as they arrive in your inbox.
The second method is to use a tool named Sweep. You can use this tool with the Outlook web version. It cleans all unwanted emails from your inbox, and it is effortless to use. It is better than Rules.
Solution 1: Stopping Irrelevant Emails Using MS Outlook’s Rules
Follow the instructions mentioned here to stop undesired emails:
- First of all, open Inbox in your Outlook app.
- Then select the email you want to prevent.
- After that, tap on Home.
- Subsequently, select Rules.
- Then head to Create Rule.
- Now select Advanced Options.
- There is an option that says, “From (sender name).”
- You need to make sure that you tick the checkbox located next to it.
- When you select that option, you create a rule to delete all emails from this sender automatically.
- Hit the Next button at the bottom to continue.
- Now choose the option that reads, “Permanently delete it.”
- Select Yes when you see the confirmation prompt.
- Then head to Next.
- In the subsequent screen, select Next once more.
- Now provide a name for this rule.
- Hit the Finish button to create the rule.
That is it, and now you will not see any emails from this sender.
You can create this rule for all senders that send you unwanted emails frequently.
Solution 2: Using the Sweep Feature on MS Outlook Web Version
- First and foremost, select an email from the sender that sends you useless emails all the time.
- Then select Sweep from the toolbar.
- Now go for the option that says, “Move all messages from the inbox folder and any future messages.”
- After that, arrange the Move to option in such a way that it sends all emails to Deleted items.
- Then hit OK.
- Now select OK once again to confirm your decision.
All emails from this sender will be deleted automatically from now on. You can see these deleted emails in the Deleted Items folder.