Buying a TV can be a very daunting task for a non-technical person, considering that you have to take many aspects into consideration to make the best-buy. There are many decisions to make, ranging from deciding on size to analyzing aspects of smart TV technology such as picture quality, resolution, viewing angle, and most modern features, all of which are quite confusing. Best Home Appliance is the main aim of our website.This is why we decided to have an in-depth buyer guide analyzing the most important features and aspects to take care of when buying a TV and presenting it so that any left man would be able to understand it. The price of Best 4k TV in India on this list is between Rs. 30000 and 100000.
How to choose a TV for your home?
- If purchasing an HD TV, make sure that its screen size is numerically half the distance between the couch and the TV stand. For an Ultra HD TV, the screen size should ideally be 2 / 3rdthe viewing distance.
- If you want to future-proof your TV, choose an Ultra HD Smart TV that is HDR compatible.OLED and QLED TVs provide a better viewing experience in terms of visual quality, but are significantly more expensive than LED TVs.
- If you are fond of gaming, watching movies and series from streaming apps, then choose Smart TV.
- Ideally, buy TVs with at least 4 HDMI ports. If purchasing Ultra HD TV, make sure that the ports are HDCP compatible so that it is suitable for future HD sources.
- An option for TV with a refresh rate of at least 120 Hz, especially if you are an avid gamer, or if you often watch action movies and high-speed games.
- Curved TVs have disadvantages that outweigh the advantages. They are meaningless these days.
- An external speaker or soundbar is a wise investment if you want to get the perfect immersive experience.
Now, let's consider each aspect in detail.Screen sizePerhaps the first decision is which screen size to choose. It might be better to look bigger because you have more features and options on a larger TV. But it can happen at the cost of your eye health.First of all, you need to know that the TV size is measured from one corner diagonally to the opposite corner diagonally. And screen resolution plays an important role in deciding the screen size for your room. High resolution, you can sit close before notice pixelation in an image.According to experts, for a comfortable but stable experience, an HD TV needs to be placed at twice the size of the screen. Therefore, if you buy a 32-inch HD TV, it should be placed at a distance of 64 inches (~ 5.5 feet) from you.If on the other hand, you are buying a 4k Ultra HD TV, accounting for the increased resolution, the recommended viewing distance is 1.5 times the screen size. So, for a 32 inch 4k HDTV, the viewing distance would be 48 inches (4 feet).Screen typeIt is currently simple in a way, with most manufacturers focusing on LED TVs only. Plasma and LCD have become obsolete these days.The other two display technologies found in high-end TVs are OLED and QLED. Let us take a look at each.QLED: Refers to LED TVs that used quantum dots, which improves picture quality. If you are looking for a technical explanation, you can take a look at this article. As a viewer, the main difference is that compared to LED TVs, it has better black levels and can reproduce more colors.OLED: stands for organic LED (light emitting diode). The difference lies mainly in the manufacturing process, as OLED is made of organic compound that sheds light when operated. A single OLED is the size of a pixel and, therefore, you have practically millions in one square inch depending on the screen resolution. OLED TVs are considered the best when it comes to quality pictures.Black Level: OLED provides better black levels as each pixel can be lightened individually, providing not only darker dark colors, but also better contrast and richer colors. QLED on the other hand still relies on the backlight behind the panel and therefore does not have control over individual pixels. Therefore, in terms of black level and contrast, OLED is the winner.Brightness: QLED gets an edge in terms of brightness due to being influenced by quantum dots.Viewing angle: QLED TVs have a common backlight and therefore the color and contrast decreases as they move away from the center. For this reason the absolute center provides the best viewing angle. Because of the different lighting controls on each pixel in OLED, the viewing angle in OLED TVs is much wider. Although QLEDs are improving technology in terms of viewing angles, OLEDs still have an edge due to better technology.Talking about viewing angles, you will find that LED TV from LG, Sanyo etc. comes with IPS (plane switching) technology which offers up to 178-degree viewing angle. Therefore, if you are buying an LED TV for a wide room, it is better to choose one with IPS technology. Alternatively, you can opt for OLED TV. Samsung VA panel on the other hand