Google Cast is a tool that helps in playing Internet-streamed audio/video on a Computer, Laptop, or Mobile device using Chromecast. Google Chromecast is an electronic device that connects your home network to your Smartphone and can be controlled properly. You need not pay any fee for using Google Chromecast, but you have to subscribe to streaming sites like Netflix, Amazon Prime to see your favorite shows.
Google Cast was developed by Google in 2013 and can operate in Android 4.1, Microsoft Windows 7+, macOS 10.7, iOS 7.0, and Chrome OS. Google Cast is an extension that helps websites shows their content to our device, and some of the great examples are Netflix, Amazon Prime, and YouTube, etc.
Seeing the success of the Google Cast, the company has fully built Google Cast into chrome, and now there is no need to download or install it. You must have seen the Google Cast toolbar icon on your Computer. But you can also hide or show the Google Cast toolbar icon using Registry Editor and Group Policy Editor. This article will guide you on how to show or hide the Google Cast Toolbar Icon in your chrome.
What is Group Policy Editor
Group Policy Editor is tools that can be found in all Windows Server versions and helps administrators manage policy settings in Microsoft Management Console snap-ins.
Show or Hide Google Cast Toolbar Icon in Chrome
You can show or hide the Google Cast toolbar icon using Group Policy Editor. Below are the pointers that will guide you properly.
- Go to the Taskbar search box and search gpedit.msc.
- Select the individual result.
- Click on the Google Cast in Computer Configuration, and a new box Group Policy Editor will open.
- Now, double click on the Google Cast icon.
- Click on the Enabled option.
- After selecting Enabled, click OK.
Detailed Explanation to Hide or Show Google Cast Toolbar Icon
First, go to the Taskbar Search Box and search gpedit.msc.
- Click on the individual result and a new window Local Group Policy Editor will open.
- Open and navigate the below command.
- Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Classic Administrative Templates > Google > Google Chrome > Google Cast
- At Local Group Policy Editor, you can see the Google Cast option.
- You need to double-click on the Google Cast and click on the Enabled option.
- Click on the Enabled option, select OK.
- After clicking on the OK button, you will be able to see the Google Cast Toolbar Icon.
Tips to Hide Google Cast Toolbar Icon
To hide Google Cast on your PC, select the Disabled or Not Configured option.
Hide or Show Google Cast Toolbar Icon using Registry Editor
- Open the Registry Editor on your PC or press Win+R.
- Type regit on the same and press Enter.
- If your PC shows a UAC prompt, click on YES.
- Then, navigate the below command.
- After giving the command, a new window Registry Editor will open.
- At the same window, right-click on the Policies>New>Key/
- A Google icon will appear, and you have to right-click on the Google>New>Key.
- Then, create a key name Chrome.
- Again right-click on Chrome>New>DWORD.
- Create a sub-key named Google Cast toolbar icon.
- Press the OK button.
You can hide or show the Google Cast toolbar icon using Local Group Policy Editor and Registry Editor. Google Cast toolbar is a productive tool for those who want to have the experience of streaming sites like Amazon, Netflix.