Though the act of revenge has never been accepted as a part of societal cultures, justice does not always prevail. People often try to serve justice on their own terms. Vengeance has always been a part of the real world. Then why not spun it into fiction? One of the best examples can be the Badlapur movie. Let us check out some of the best revenge movies from Bollywood.
- Badlapur – A young man named Raghu wants to payback the people who snatched the breaths of his wife and son during a bank robbery. One of the two crimnals in the case flees with the money, while the other gets caught and is sentenced to 20 years of jail. After 15 years, he is suffering from cancer and requests Raghu to forgive him and let him enjoy the last few days, being free. Raghu would do this only if he names his partner. The Badlapur movie is all about the happenings of this story. You can catch it on Airtel Xstream.
- Haider – Haider is Vishal Bhardwaj’s interpretation of Shakespearean Hamlet. Haider is a young man who comes back to Kashmir when he receives news that his father has disappeared. To his shock, he gets to know that the security forces have captivated his father for supporting militants; he also comes to know about his mother’s relation with his uncle. There is an intense drama that follows between mother and son so that they can come to terms about the news of the father. Haider soon finds out that his uncle is responsible for the murder and avenge his father’s death.
- Sholay – A notorious bandit of Chambal, Gabbar Singh kills the family of a police officer. He then decides to fight back with the help of two criminals, Jai and Veeru. The police office contacts them while they are in jail and offers them the proposal. They bring to bring Gabbar Singh alive for a hefty price. They travel to the place where the police officer and his widowed daughter-in-law lives. They fight together against one of the dreaded bandits of all time. How would they fare against Gabbar?
- Ghajini – Sanjay Singhania is a renowned businessman. However, his memory lasts for only 15 minutes now. A medical student, Sunita and police officer Arjun find his diary and comes to know that Sanjay loved a model Kalpana, but he kept his status a secret. They would have gotten married, but Kalpana got killed by Ghajini Dharmatma who was running a human trafficking racket. Sanjay was attacked in this incident as well. Now he only wants to kill the villain.
- Kahaani – Kolkata is busy with the preparations of the Durga Puja as Vidya Bagchi arrives from London. She stops at the police station first to file a report for a missing person. Her husband had arrived in India for a job assignment. They had been talking daily on the phone until there was no communication between them suddenly. No one can remember him. However, Vidya does not give up the search. However, her intentions are not as they seem to be. The movie is an amazing thriller of recent times.
These are some of the best revenge movies from Bollywood.