As an employer, you are in charge of a safe and healthy working environment for your employees. You are familiar with the safety risks within your sector, as well as the measures you can take to counteract these risks.
PPE KIT | Standard 3-Ply Mask | Type IIR Masks – Surgical Face Mask | Washable & Reusable Mask | with Respiration Valve | FFP2 Respirator Mask | Hand Sanitisers (60 mL) | Hand Sanitisers (200 mL) | Non Contact IR Thermometer | Wall-mounted Infrared Thermometer |Quality of PPE
WHAT IS PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)?PPE means personal protective equipment or equipment you use to guarantee your (own) safety.
Use PPE always and anywhere where necessary. Observe the instructions for use, maintain them well and check regularly if they still offer sufficient protection. But when do you use what type of protection?
These tips will help you on your way.
1. SAFETY FOR THE HEADsafetyWearing a helmet offers protection and can prevent head injuries. Select a sturdy helmet that is adapted to the working conditions. These days you can find many elegant designs and you can choose extra options such as an adjustable interior harness and comfortable sweatbands.
2. Face MasksThe key feature of the coronavirus is respiratory symptoms, such as dry coughing, and it spreads primarily through saliva droplets or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
This is why masks are essential – for the infected and those around them.
While it does help to cover your cough or sneeze and face away from others, covering your mouth with your elbow or sleeve does not fully contain saliva droplets flung into the air. A face mask keeps saliva and discharge completely contained, protecting those around you.
In addition, face masks protect healthy individuals by preventing them from breathing in saliva droplets of an infected person.
3. HAND SANITIZER GELHands are one of the most common ways that the COVID-19 virus transfer from one person to another. A good-quality hand sanitizing gel will allow you to keep your hands clean on the go. It’s a portable solution to quickly kill microorganisms on hands when soap and water are not accessible.
INFRARED THERMOMETERPeople with COVID-19 may experience a wide range of symptoms, the most common of which is fever. A touch-free infrared thermometer will allow you to measure the temperature regularly without making any contact. This way, you can safely take the readings while minimizing the chances of the spread of the virus.
4. PROTECT YOUR EYESprotect eyesThe eyes are the most complex and fragile parts of our body. Each day, more than 600 people worldwide sustain eye injuries during their work. Thanks to a good pair of safety glasses, these injuries could be prevented. Do you come into contact with bright light or infrared radiation? Then welding goggles or a shield offer the ideal protection!
5. HEARING PROTECTIONhearingDo you work in an environment with high sound levels? In that case it is very important to consider hearing protection. Earplugs are very comfortable, but earmuffs are convenient on the work floor as you can quickly put these on or take them off.
6. MAINTAIN A GOOD RESPIRATIONrespirationWearing a mask at work is no luxury, definitely not when coming into contact with hazardous materials. 15% of the employees within the EU inhale vapours, smoke, powder or dusk while performing their job. Dust masks offer protection against fine dust and other dangerous particles. If the materials are truly toxic, use a full-face mask. This adheres tightly to the face, to protect the nose and mouth against harmful pollution.
7. PROTECT YOUR HANDS WITH THE RIGHT GLOVESprotectionHands and fingers are often injured, so it is vital to protect them properly. Depending on the sector you work in, you can choose from gloves for different applications:
protection against vibrationsprotection against cuts by sharp materialsprotection against cold or heatprotection against bacteriological risksprotection against splashes from diluted chemicals.
8. PROTECTION FOR THE FEETfeet protectionEven your feet need solid protection. Safety shoes (type Sb, S1, S2 or S3) and boots (type S4 or S5) are the ideal solution to protect the feet against heavy weights. An antiskid sole is useful when working in a damp environment, definitely if you know that 16,2% of all industrial accidents are caused by tripping or sliding. On slippery surfaces, such as snow and ice, shoe claws are recommended. Special socks can provide extra comfort.
9. WEAR THE CORRECT WORK CLOTHINGwork clothingPreventing accidents is crucial in a crowded workshop. That is why a good visibility at work is a must: a high-visibility jacket and pants made of a strong fabric can help prevent accidents. Just like the hand protection, there are versions for different applications.
SO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!The above-mentioned tips are simple and easily applicable to your working environment. Correctly observing the safety requires little effort, but it can have a big influence on your health. Even at TVH, we work hard every day to create a safe working environment. Our SHE-advisors put our safety first. They take training courses on a regular basis in order to keep their knowledge up-to-date. From our expertise, we have composed an assortment of safety products that contribute to a safe working environment. We offer your protective equipment from your head to your toes, because TVH also takes care of your safety!
Homeflow (UK) is committed to delivering PPE made from ‘Quality Assurance’ certified manufacturers. Our premium quality 3ply masks are manufactured from an ISO:9001 and FDA registered facility which makes our masks comfortable and secure to wear.