Looking for blinds and shutters in Sydney for your home? Do all the options available seem somewhat overwhelming?
For those looking to buy blinds and shutters in Sydney, blinds are a very popular type of window covering as they are versatile and low cost. They give great control of light, view, and privacy, and add a lot of style to the room, at minimum cost. You can find different types of blinds to suit each specific need. Here are a few.
- Vertical Blinds – Vertical blinds consist of vertical slats, usually from ceiling to floor, which can either be opened from side to side or from the middle. They are ideal for French windows or patio windows but can be custom made for smaller window sizes as well.
- Panel Blinds/Panel Glides – If you are looking for window coverings for large windows or sliding doors, then Panel Glides are the best choice. They consist of large panels that move along a track and stack up at the end when fully opened. The panels can be made in a selection of fabrics and colors.
- Venetian Blinds – Venetian Blinds consist of horizontal slats connected by string or fabric. The bottom slat presses against the one above it when the blind is raised. It is one of the more popular types of blinds available.
- Honeycomb Blinds – If you want greater insulation, then you need Honeycomb Blinds or Cellular Blinds. Honeycomb Blinds in Sydney can be a little on the expensive side, but in the long run, is very cost-effective as you save a lot on energy bills. Its design helps trap heat or air within honeycomb-shaped cells, thus creating greater insulation.
- Roman Blinds – Roman Blinds are very popular among homeowners as they are low cost and easy to operate. They consist of a length of fabric that folds into itself as the blind is raised. You can add a thermal lining to roman blinds for greater insulation.
- Roller Blinds – Another popular choice among homeowners, the Roller Blind consists of a length of fabric that rolls around a rod at the top. These can be motorized for ease of operation and can be made with any fabric including blackout and sunblock fabrics.