When the talks are about monitors and screens, screen resolution is not a new concept for any of us. Whether you own a computer or a laptop, their screens have varying specifications, and that determines what your games, videos, or web browsers will look like on your device. And undoubtedly, screen resolutions affect our computing experience in some ways. Screen resolution is the number of horizontal and vertical pixels on a display screen. With more pixels, one can see more information without scrolling much. Whenever you buy a laptop, computer, or mobile device, you might have noticed the screen resolution written as 1024 x 768, 1366 x 768, or 1920 x 1080. These figures are the pixel counts. Here, the first value depicts the horizontal pixels, and the second value is for vertical pixels. And every device allows its users to check screen resolution.
The process of checking the screen resolution on any device varies according to the operating system that you use. And if you want to check this information on your Windows 10 computer, you can easily do so. Do you want to know how to check the screen resolution on your Windows 10 computer? Want to see the procedure for this? There can be some Windows 10 users who might not know how to check the screen resolution on their computer. If you are also one of those users, you must read this whole post. Here, we have mentioned a method following which you can quickly get the information about the screen resolution on your device. So, go on and get the technique by reading this entire post.
Method to Check the Screen Resolution on a Windows 10 Computer
Any Windows 10 user can check the screen resolution of their computer display with much ease. And if you want, you can even change it as well. To get the information about screen resolution in Windows 10, you will have to go through the Settings page on your computer system. Here, we have mentioned the much easiest trick that any Windows 10 user can easily follow. The method given here includes some instructions. Also, if you have multiple monitors hooked up, then the procedure to check the screen resolution will be different. So, let’s see what steps you will follow to view the current screen resolution on your Windows 10 device.
Steps to Check the Screen Resolution in Windows 10
Please go through the mentioned instructions to get the information about the screen resolution on your Windows 10 computer:
- Firstly, the Windows 10 user will need to launch the Settings app on their computer. For this, go to the Start menu and search for the Settings app.
- Alternatively, you can open the Settings screen using a keyboard shortcut as shown here: Press “Windows + I” Keys altogether.
- And when you get to the Settings window, there will be a “System” option. You will have to click it to proceed.
- Now, you will reach the System settings menu. Go to the left sidebar and select the option of “Display.”
- Next, get to the right pane and scroll down to get to the Scale and Layout” section. Click on it to proceed.
- After this, you will be able to see the value displayed in the “Display Resolution” drop-down menu. And the value shown is your current screen resolution. And that’s how you can check the screen resolution in Windows 10.
So, this was the trick that any Windows 10 user can follow to view the current screen resolution on their computer. And that’s it for now. Try the steps, and please share the information with your friends. And to get more guides like this, you can get to our website.
Elisa Wilson is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world .