Are you a Mac user? Want to clear up the other storage files from your Mac computer? Managing Mac’s memory can be a challenging task for any user. No matter how much storage we have on our devices, we always end up complaining about insufficient memory. And to improve the functioning of our operating system, we should delete the junk files from our computer system. Now, coming to Mac, if you want to delete the other storage files from your macOS, but don’t know how to do so, then you are at the right place right now. Here, we are going to provide you with the method through which any Mac user will be able to clear the other storage files from their macOS. But, before going through the procedure, you need to know everything about this category of storage.
The other storage on a Mac computer consists of all the files that are not part of any storage category like Apps, Music, Mail, and video. This section includes file types like PDF, PSD, DOC, or cache files, archives like ZIP and DMG, and disk images. Deleting these other storage files from a Mac computer is pretty straightforward. Here, we have mentioned the procedure for that. Go through the complete article to explore the steps.
The Procedure to Delete the Other Storage Files from a Mac Computer
To free up space on your Mac computer, you need to clear the unused storage files from your computer. By following the steps mentioned below, you can quickly complete the task within a short time. Here’s how you can delete the other storage files from your Mac computer. Please take a look at these steps:
- To get started with the method, first of all, you will have to close all the opened windows on your computer. And now, return to the desktop screen.
- Now, use the key combination of “Command + F”. After this, a new window will appear on your screen.
- On that window, select the option of “This Mac”.
- And then, go to the drop-down menu and click on the option of “Other”.
- On the next screen of the file attributes, you will need to click on the file size and file extension. Here, you will be able to select the document types like pdf, CSV, zip, or dmg file.
- Now, you will receive a list of all the items on your screen. Here, you can delete the files that you don’t want to keep.
So, this is how you can delete the other storage files from your Mac computer. Go through these steps now and free up space on your device. And if you like this article, then please take a tour of our website to read more reports like this.