Do you own an Apple TV? Want to update it but don’t know how to do so? Apple has recently rolled out the latest update to the tvOS for its smart TV. This updated version of tvOS includes many amazing features that will maximize the users’ streaming experience. The company keeps adding many new and exciting features to its products to optimize its users’ experience. And that is the main reason why the majority of people prefer to use Apple products. Apple TV is also one of the best gadgets developed by this company, and now, it has become a widely used product. To keep your devices fast and in good condition, you need to update their system software from time to time.
Well, updating Apple TV software is much easier than updating the software of the iPhone and iPad. If you have just bought a new Apple TV, you might not be aware of the process. And for that, if you want to get the procedure, you need to go through this entire article. In the following report, we have provided you with all the essential information you need to know to update your Apple TV. And along with this, here, you will be able to understand the proper procedure that you must follow to update the system software of your Apple TV. So, let’s get started by discussing the new features included in this version of tvOS.
New Features Included in the tvOS 14
This updated version of tvOS includes the features like expanded Picture in Picture support, new HomeKit Integration, along with HomeKit Secure Video cameras. It also supports multiple Apple Arcade profiles, 4K videos on Youtube, Airpods audio sharing, and much more than that. According to the company, the version is compatible with most modern Apple TV models, including Apple TV 4K (2017) and Apple TV 4th generation (2015). And older versions of Apple TVs have their software, called the Apple TV software. So, these are the new features that are added in tvOS 14. And now, it’s time to see what you have to do to install this new version of tvOS on your Apple TV. Please have a look at the below-mentioned instructions.
Procedure to Install the tvOS 14 on an Apple TV
Installing the upgraded version tvOS 14 on an Apple TV is a relatively easy task. Any of the Apple TV users can easily do so. For that purpose, all you have to do is follow the instructions carefully that we have mentioned in this article. If you have installed the beta version of the updated software, you will have to delete it from your Apple TV. And after that, you can upgrade to the official release. Here’s how you can delete the beta profile of tvOS 14 from your Apple TV and install the official version.
- First of all, you will have to open the “Settings” on your Apple TV.
- Now, on the Settings screen, go through the option of “General.”
- And then, scroll down through your screen and select the option of “Profile” that you will see at the bottom of your TV screen.
- And next, click on the “tvOS 14 Beta Software” profile and click on the “Remove” profile option to remove the beta profile.
- Again, click on the option of “Remove.”
- And then, select the “Restart” option.
And now, you are ready to install the official version of tvOS 14 on your Apple TV.
The Steps to Install the Official Version of tvOS 14 on an Apple TV
Go through the following steps to install the official version of tvOS 14 on your Apple TV:
- Firstly, to get started with the procedure, launch the “Settings” app from your Apple TV home screen.
- After navigating to the Settings screen, select the option of “System.”
- Now, select the option of “Software Update” and then click on “Update Software” to continue.
- After this, choose and click on the option of “Download and Install.”
- Finally, click on the option of “Update New” and wait for a while to finish the update process. And that’s it.
So, this was about the tvOS 14 that you can install on your Apple TV. Go now, and follow these steps if you also own an Apple TV. And for further updates, check out other blogs on our website.
Source-Want to Update Your Apple TV