Social media platforms are being used every minute of every day, by millions of people around the world, creating huge opportunities for businesses in terms of increased reach, as well as low cost ways of engaging with your customers and building positive relationships with them.
With the advent of smart mobile devices, more and more people are browsing social media platforms on these devices and not that much on PC’s or laptops. While commuting to and from work, while waiting for a doctor, while waiting in line for something, people use this time to scroll through their newsfeed on social media sites.
So, what does this mean for a business? It means that businesses need to tap into this mobile era with their digital marketing strategies, and the best way to do that is to hire an experienced Social Media Marketing Agency in Melbourne or elsewhere to help you optimize your social media strategy for mobile.
What steps can you take to optimize your social media marketing techniques to be more mobile friendly? Here are some suggested tips.
- Mobile friendly pages – Most social media platforms automatically format a page to be mobile friendly, however on Facebook you will need to create a good mobile friendly page with an easy to use interface that gives a good user experience. With the huge number of users on Facebook, it would be a shame not to be able to exploit the potential available there for businesses.
- Mobile friendly links – Mobile friendly links are important to keep social media users coming to your website through social media channels. Keeping the links short using sites such as Bit.ly are one solution to making links more mobile friendly.
- Sending links via text messages – Many Social Media Marketing Agency in Melbourne or elsewhere, recommend sending social media links via SMS text messages, as a way of connecting with customers. However, you will need to ensure that you send them shortened URL’s via SMS texts, as well as shorter but to the point messages.
- User generated content – Competitions such as photo contests or video contests are good ways of increasing user generated content on your social media pages, which can increase user activity and engagement by a great deal.
- Use QR Codes – Connect with your customers using QR Codes, which are very simple and can be used with any smart device that has a camera, such as a smartphone or tablet. You can store URL’s as well as other information on these QR Codes which are much easier to access.
- Keep your audience within the platform they are in – When creating mobile friendly ads on social media, it is important to ensure that user won’t be directed to other platforms, but remain within the same platform they are in. Leaving the platform, they are on will create a negative user experience, which will drive them away from your business.
- Know when to post – There are certain times of the day when social media use is at its peak, such as soon after lunch time, after office hours etc, which is when people feel lazy and bored and tend to start browsing social media channels. This is the time that you should be posting your content on your pages. A good Social Media Marketing Agency in Melbourne will be able to better advice you on the right times to post content to social media, which will generate more views and more engagement. For example, if you are a restaurant, then the best time to post is close to lunchtime (or other meal times), which is when people are generally looking for somewhere to have lunch.
Social media platforms are evolving every day with newer, much easier interfaces, new technologies etc, making it far easier for a business to utilize these platforms to promote their products and services, create greater visibility and increase brand awareness. Social media ads are very cost effective, and engaging with your customers or followers can be done absolutely free of any cost with content that is informative and compelling, which makes it the ideal platform even for smaller businesses to use in their digital marketing strategy to achieve their goals and grow their business.