Baldur’s Gate 3 was launched so that it could carry on the legacy of the Baldur’s Gate franchise from the early 2000s. Moreover, the game has also adapted the 5th Edition ruleset or Dungeons & Dragons, the most sought-after tabletop role-playing game on the globe. While the game is interesting and packed with amazing features, it might, at times, crash on PC. To fix the issue, check out the solutions mentioned below.
Switch to DirectX 11
You can move to DirectX 11 by following these steps mentioned below:
- First, open Baldur’s Gate 3 on your device.
- Thereafter, select the gear button located beside the Play option and click on the DirectX11 option.
- Now, open the game to check whether the crashing issue is solved or not.
Shut Unwanted Apps Working in the Background
You should shut unwanted apps working in the background by following these steps mentioned below:
- Go to the taskbar and right-click on it, then choose the Task Manager option.
- Now click on the apps that are consuming high Memory, Network, and CPU resources, then select the End Task option.
- Now, refresh Baldur’s Gate 3.
Launch Baldur’s Gate 3 as an Administrator
You can launch Baldur’s Gate 3 as an administrator by following these ways steps below:
- Reach the folder where the game’s installation file is stored and locate the bg3 executable file.
- Users will most likely find it in steamsteamappscommonThe Witcher 3bin.
- Then select the file of bg3.exe and right-click on it.
- After that, hit the Properties option.
- You should navigate to the Compatibility section and check the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ box.
- Later, click on the OK button.
Confirm Game Files Integrity
You should confirm game files integrity by following these steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, open Steam on your device.
- Later, click on the Library section and reach Baldur’s Gate 3, then right-click on it.
- Then go to the Properties option.
- You should choose the ‘Local Files’ option and pick the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ option.
- Now, wait to complete the process, and the corrupted game files will get fixed.
Lower the Video Options
You can lower the video options by following these steps mentioned below:
- First and foremost, open Baldur’s Gate 3 on your device.
- After that, click on the options tab at the top left side of the screen.
- Hit on the Video option.
- Change the graphics option to medium or low and check how the game performs.