The AOL Mail has been under heavy fire due to its glitches and errors for quite some time. Users have reported that they either cannot attach a file to AOL email or unable to open a file attachment at times. In today’s post, we will be discussing some solutions for the latter problem.
Steps to fix AOL mail attachment problems
1. Download the file correctly- Make sure that you download the file correctly before you try to resolve the error. Think of it like this, tap on the photo of the email’s text from the right side to see the preview.
- Scroll a bit more to see the title and click on the photo to download it after. If you want to download the file, simply click on the right side of the text where the email name is. The web browser generally gives you the option to download the file. It is saved in “my documents” itself after the download.
2. Check if the correct software is available- Always check whether you have the right system or software to open the file in case if you are unable to view it but can download it with ease. For example, a PDF file can only be viewed using a PDF viewer.
- The same goes for other types of files as they all need different software if you want to view that file. If you use the wrong software the computer does not identify the file. It shows other software for you to use and view the file instead.
3. Reboot your system- Try to download the file again once you have reset the system. If possible, try to download it on a different system or send it to the sender and check if it works fine on his end.
You can use these steps to fix this error. For more info, you may contact the AOL help center.