Alcohol certainly has mixed reactions from people; some people love it, while some hate it. However, we can’t deny the fact that many people love indulging in it, whether it is in the form of beer, wine, gin, or something else. Alcohol has been around for centuries, and records show that the earliest verifiable brewery had been in prehistoric times remnants of which has been found in a burial site in Israel, and evidence of fermented beverages going back to around 7000 BC have been found in China as well.
Over the years alcohol has evolved into various types, using various different ingredients to give them their unique flavours and aromas, from grains to hops to fruits to spices and herbs, made according to various different recipes and methods. In recent times there has been a keen following of a new type of beverage called Craft Beer in London and elsewhere around the world, which is described as beer made by small independent breweries using natural hand-picked ingredients. These brewers spend a lot of time on the production process in order to produce a beer that is unique and of the highest quality, as opposed to brewing in large quantities for making bigger profit margins.
Excessive consumption of alcohol can cause severe health problems in people, while consumption in moderation can actually be beneficial to your health. Excessive consumption of alcohol causes addiction as well, and once addicted people find it hard to break this addiction, which may result in many unfavourable endings. Certain adverse effects of excessive consumption of alcohol can include:
- Weight gain.
- Causes heart problems.
- Causes pancreatitis.
- Increases the risk of certain types of cancer.
- Weakens the immune system.
- Damages the liver.
So why do people like alcohol so much? Whether it is the moderate glass of wine or beer a day, or excessive drinking, there must be certain reasons that draw people to it. What is it that makes people want to consume alcohol?
- Past experiences – Good feelings and experiences that people have had with consuming alcohol in the past can increase their incentive to drink. Of course, in the opposite case, if someone has had a bad experience with alcohol in the past, it can deter them from consuming it in the future.
- Society – People tend to conform to social norm, which are what society expects you to do, and serving and consumption of alcohol is expected at certain social events.
- Environment – The environment that people live in can affect their craving for alcohol such as TV programmes or advertisements, peer pressure, financial affluence and many other such factors.
- Stress and anxiety – People going through stressful periods in their lives, are more likely to turn to alcohol in order to have temporary release from such situations.
- It is readily available – One of the simplest of reasons that people consume alcohol is that it is readily available to them. It is easily accessible in supermarkets and pubs and beer shops, and in most families the adults indulge in a beer or glass of wine on a regular basis.
- Peer pressure – Peer pressure is one of the most common reasons for people to drink alcohol, irrespective of their age, social status or category. The fear of being made fun of or isolated from a group because of non-conformity can cause people to be pressured into drinking.
- As an act of rebellion – For some people there is nothing more exciting than defying the rules, and this is also one of the reasons that some people consume alcohol, simply because they have been asked not to do it, or they know it is against the rules.
- Makes people feel good – Drinking has been attributed to fun and enjoyable times, as well as a way of helping people to relax in a tense or stressful situation.
Yes, there are many reasons that can drive people to consume alcoholic beverages, and there is no doubt that it can be an enjoyable experience on occasion, especially tasting very flavourful beverages such as cocktails, or wine or even Craft Gin and Craft Beer in London and many other countries around the world where it is available. However, one should always keep in mind of unhealthy excessive consumption of such beverages is, and to always take it in moderation.
Many countries these days have home deliveries of alcoholic beverages, especially through specific ecommerce stores. Home booze delivery in London is offered by many such ecommerce sites and it is very easy for anyone to be able to get their requirement of any alcoholic beverage easily and conveniently. Whether you want to enjoy a beer with a few friends or are looking for that delicious wine to pair with your favourite food, you can easily search online and get it delivered right to your doorstep without even leaving the comfort of your home. Remember your limits though when ordering and consuming such beverages, and keep things healthy at all times.