Excited about buying your new home? One of the most important decisions you need to make after the actual buying process of your home, is what window treatments you use. The window treatments that you install can enhance both the look and value of your home, if selected right.
The choices available in terms of blinds and shutters in Sydney are endless, which could leave you quite overwhelmed when trying to select what is best for your new home. However, it need not be so, because there are window treatments around that are very versatile and can be used in many rooms in the home. In addition, most window treatments are available in an array of styles, colours, patterns and designs which you can match to your existing furniture and the design style that you are hoping to achieve.
What should you look for when selecting the ideal window treatments for your new home?
- Privacy and safety – The safety of your family and your privacy is one of the most important aspects you need to consider for your home. Keeping your family safe from prying eyes and providing them with a comfortable living space should be a priority.
- Budget – The next important element when buying window treatments is your budget. There are so many blinds and shutters in Sydney that are available in a wide range of prices, so the options are endless.
- Light control – How much natural light do you want entering the rooms, and will depend on the room you are decorating.
- Energy efficiency – With the extreme summers and winters in Australia, you don’t want to spend your money on unnecessary energy bills, when you can get window treatments that offer fantastic insulation properties.
- Size of the window – The type of window treatment you select should depend on the size of the window in question, as well as its shape, as some blinds and shutters are not customisable to odd shaped and sized windows.
- View – If you have a fantastic view out of your window, you wouldn’t want to obstruct it but should be able to enjoy it.
- Aesthetics – The window treatments you select for your home should be able to enhance and uplift it, increasing its value.
What types of window treatments are best suited for the different room in your new home? Here are a few suggestions.
- Living Room – The Living Room is where you entertain friends and family, and a place where you gather together to spend time with each other. It is also the first place your visitors will see, and therefore should display your individual sense of style, your mood and your personality. Typically living rooms come with large and oversized windows that offer a view of the outside, and hence privacy and letting in natural light to create an aura of comfort is of the utmost importance here.
- Vertical Blinds – Ideal for large windows and the vertical panels offer great control of light and privacy.
- Roman Blinds – A stylish approach that exudes sophistication and luxury.
- Cellular Blinds – Ideal for insulating the room and providing a comfortable atmosphere.
- Shutters – Shutters create elegant sophistication and an old-world charm for the home.
- Drapes and Curtains – Ideal for creating a bold and very aesthetic experience in the Living Room, with an array of fabrics, colours and prints. Curtains in Sydney are quite cost efficient, and are ideal for controlling privacy and for insulation purposes.
- Bedroom – When it comes to bedrooms, privacy is key. It is the place you go to relax and unwind, and should exude comfort.
- Lined curtains and drapes – Provides noise cancelling properties and insulation, and great control of light and privacy.
- Roman Blinds – Great at providing privacy and is available in a range of colours and textures.
- Cellular Blinds – Great for insulation and reducing noise.
- Dining Room – This is a room that is made for celebrations and gatherings, with family meal times and enjoying festivities with friends. The décor of the dining room should be elegant and creative, and yet comfortable and homely as well.
- Panel Glides – Ideal for large and oversized windows and to create an elegant style in the room.
- Wooden Blinds – Very durable and gives a rustic and natural appearance to the room.
- Roman Shades – For sheer elegance and style.
- Kitchen – The kitchen should be an area that lets in natural light and warmth. The window treatment selected here should be moisture resistant as the kitchen involves water and moisture.
- Faux Wood or PVC Shutters – Unlike timber shutters these are moisture resistant and ideal for the kitchen, as they also let in a lot of natural light.
- Curtains – Create a warm comfortable atmosphere with bold colours and printed curtains in Sydney.
- Sheer Shades – These protect your privacy while still letting in enough natural light.
- Bathrooms – The window treatments chosen for the bathroom should be durable, made of moisture resistant material, should let in natural light and provide absolute privacy.
- Vinyl Shades – Ideal for the bathroom as they are moisture resistant and easy to clean as well.
- Roller Blinds – Provides great control of light and privacy and are generally low cost.
- Office Room – This area should provide absolute privacy, without any disturbances and should create the right aesthetics to inspire your work.
- Plantation Shutters – Provide great control of light and privacy.
- Honeycomb Blinds – Great insulative and noise cancelling properties.