World of Warships is a free-to-play multiplayer online game based on the naval-warfare theme. It has been both produced as well as published by Wargaming. Some gamers complain that the World of Warships game keeps crashing on the PC. The issue happens randomly and is really annoying. Once the World of Warships crashing issue occurs, users will not be able to play the game. To fix this problem, check out the solutions given below.
Fix the Game Files on Steam
You can fix the game files on Steam by following the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, launch the Steam client and go to the tab of the Library.
- You should select the ‘World of Warships’ and right-click on it, then choose the Properties option.
- Then reach the tab of Local Files, then click on the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ option.
- Once the game files are validated, launch the game.
Fix the Game Files on Wargaming Launcher
You can fix the game files on the Wargaming launcher by pursuing the steps mentioned below:
- First, open the Wargaming Game Center on your device.
- Thereafter, click on the World of Warships option, select the ‘Game Settings’ option, and then choose the ‘Check and Repair’ option.
- Later, hit the Continue button.
- Now, you have to wait to finish the process and then reopen the game.
Remove the Preferences.xml File
You can remove the preferences.xml file by pursuing the steps mentioned below:
- Hold the Windows and R hotkeys simultaneously to launch the Run prompt.
- Then insert ‘%appdata%wargaming.networldofwarships’ into it and hit the OK button.
- You have to choose ‘preferences.xml file’ and hit the Delete button on the keyboard.
Run World of Warships in Safe Mode
You can run World of Warships in safe mode by pursuing the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the World of Warships option and launch it on your device.
- Then select the Upside arrow button beside the Play button and hit on the ‘Launch the game in safe mode’ option.
Install the Game Again
You can install the game again by pursuing the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Windows Search section on your system.
- After that, input ‘control’ into it and select the OK button to launch the Control Panel.
- You should click on the Category option beside the View by option and select the ‘Uninstall a program’ option.
- Then reach the list and select ‘World of Warships.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Later, follow the on-screen steps to finish the process.
- Hold the Windows and E hotkeys simultaneously to open the File Explorer.
- Then type this command and hit the Enter key: C:Users[User Name]AppDataRoamingWargaming.net
- Now, in case you see the folder of World of Warships, select and hit the Delete button.
- Redownload the game.