Exploring the Data Center Colocation Market
Data center colocation provides enterprises with a viable solution to hosting IT infrastructure without investing in their own data centers. The global data center colocation market size is expected to grow from USD 52.3 billion in 2021 to USD 175.523 billion by 2032, expanding at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.40% during the forecast period. Colocation enables scalability and flexibility for modern businesses.
Data Center Colocation Market Overview:
Data center colocation refers to the rental of space, power, cooling and network bandwidth from a dedicated data center facility. It allows enterprises to house their servers, storage and network equipment in a shared data center operated by a third-party colocation provider. Key colocation services include:
- Power – redundant power supplies
- Cooling – CRAC, CRAH units
- Physical space and building infrastructure
- Network connectivity and bandwidth
- Physical and technical security
- Remote hands onsite support
Colocation provides access to enterprise-class data center infrastructure without capital costs of building their own facilities.
Click on Right here to Get Pattern Premium Report at:
Key Market Segments:
The data center colocation market is segmented on the basis of enterprise size, end user, industry and region:
- Enterprise Size: SMEs, Large Enterprises
- End User: Cloud, Enterprise, Network
- Industry: BFSI, Energy, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, IT & Telecom
- Region: North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, MEA, Latin America
Key Market Drivers:
- Cost benefits compared to managing owned data centers
- Scalability to support business growth and changing needs
- Access to reliable power, cooling, security and networks
- Reduced time to launch digital initiatives and services
- Achieving compliance with data sovereignty laws
- Focus on core business capabilities rather than data center management
Major colocation providers include:
- Digital Realty
- NTT Communications
- CoreSite Realty
- QTS Realty Trust
- Global Switch
North America accounted for the largest colocation market share in 2021, led by the US. Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period, driven by rising demand in Southeast Asia, China, Australia and Japan.
Latest Industry Trends:
- Adoption of software-defined infrastructure
- Leveraging AI for data center optimization
- Hybrid IT deployments spanning colocation, cloud, on-premises
- Interconnection services for low-latency connectivity
- Sustainable initiatives for energy efficiency
In summary, data center colocation provides the foundation for hybrid IT and digital transformation. The market outlook remains robust globally driven by colocation benefits around cost, scalability, compliance and service delivery.
Browse Full Report Details:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research Consulting Services.
MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients. Our market research studies by products, services, technologies, applications, end users, and market players for global, regional, and country-level market segments, enable our clients to see more, know more, and do more, which help to answer all their most important questions.
Also, we are launching “Wantstats” the premier statistics portal for market data in comprehensive charts and stats format, providing forecasts, and regional and segment analysis. Stay informed and make data-driven decisions with Wantstats.
Market Research Future (Part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited)
99 Hudson Street, 5Th Floor
New York, NY 10013
United States of America
+1 628 258 0071 (US)
+44 2035 002 764 (UK)