Dental Impression Material Industry Overview
The global dental impression material market size was valued at USD 635.7 million in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% from 2022 to 2030.
The growing adoption of cosmetic dentistry, coupled with the rise in disposable incomes, will significantly contribute to the growth of the dental impression systems market during the forecast years. The rising income levels in developing countries such as China, India, and Brazil, which have a relatively high DMFT index (decayed, missing, and filled teeth index) are expected to spur the growth of dental impression materials in these emerging countries in the coming years.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Dental Impression Material Market
The rising population of edentulism and growing periodontal disease are the most driving factors for the growth of the market. As per the CDC, Centre for Disease Control and Prevention report, 2019, the cases of untreated tooth decay were recorded to be 26% of the population. Also, according to the American College of Prosthodontics, 2019, more than 36 million American population suffered from edentulism, and 120 million people in the U.S. are missing one tooth. The growing prevalence of dental caries and tooth decay across the globe is expected to fuel the demand for dental treatment.
The growing demand for implants and cosmetic dentistry is also anticipated to boost the demand for the market. Furthermore, the growing adoption of digital impression technology and the increase in demand for cosmetic dentistry are the major factors driving the growth of the global market. COVID-19 has affected all the markets including the dental industry as there was a complete lockdown imposed by the government as a precautionary measure.
Furthermore, the supply chain for dental impression materials was also affected. The pandemic has caused a huge disruption in the supply chain of the overall medical device industry. The COVID-19 outbreak resulted in a decline in the number of procedures in 2020 and 2021 due to global restrictions. However, this is estimated to be a temporary effect and during the forecast period, the market demand is likely to increase. An increase in awareness of dental care and changing demographics will drive the growth of the market.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Cosmetic Dentistry Market – The global cosmetic dentistry market size was valued at USD 29.6 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.0% from 2022 to 2030. With an increasing population opting for the improvement of dental aesthetics, this industry has undergone great advancements.
- Restorative Dentistry Market – The global restorative dentistry market size was estimated at USD 18.8 billion in 2022 and is anticipated to register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% from 2022 to 2030. The growing demand for implants and cosmetic dentistry is the key factor driving the market growth. The growth is attributed to the increasing prevalence of oral health diseases, rising focus on aesthetics, and rising dental tourism in emerging markets.
Dental Impression Material Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global dental impression materials market on the basis of material type, application, end-user, and region:
Dental Impression Material Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
Dental Impression Materials Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Restorative and Prosthodontics
Dental Impression Materials End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Dental Clinics
Dental Impression Materials Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- October 2018: Straumann AG, launched a new standard line of mini Restorative Dentistry for Osseointegration in Vienna at the 27th Annual Scientific Meeting of the European Association.
- September 2018: Dentsply Sirona has introduced Azento, single tooth replacement in one box solution which can be customized to meet the needs and timeframes of the patients as well as dentists.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global dental impression material market include
- Scott's Dental Supply
- GC America, Inc.
- Kerr Dental
- Hiossen Implant
- Keystone Dental, Inc.
- DENTSPLY Sirona
- Thommen Medical
Order a free sample PDF of the Dental Impression Material Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519