Nowadays, the camera of smartphones has become the most preferred feature. The camera takes selfies, screenshots and captures unforgettable life moments. Thankfully, Pixel 6 provides you the different ways to take a screenshot. Google Pixel not only uses traditional; hardware buttons but also has implemented other methods to take screenshots. Here are the steps you can follow to take screenshots using the different ways provided in the Google Pixel 6.
How to take a screenshot on Pixel 6 using the hardware button
- Press the Power button on the phone’s right side.
- Then, hold down the down volume button.
- Release both buttons simultaneously; if you have done it perfectly, you will observe a small version of the screen you took.
How to take a screenshot without using buttons
You have different methods to take a screenshot without hardware buttons. Pixel 6 offers you different types of navigation methods available on Google Pixel. For example, here are three navigation methods: Gesture navigation, 3-button navigation, and 2-button navigation (only on Pixel 3a or earlier ones).
How to take screenshots using the Gesture navigation method
- Firstly, swipe up and hold from the bottom side of the screen.
- When you see App Switcher, tap the Screenshot button at the bottom.
- A preview appears in the bottom left corner upon successful navigation.
How to take a screenshot with a 3-button navigation
- Firstly, tap the Overview button in your Pixel phone’s navigation bar.
- Go and swipe over the app that you wish to screenshot.
- Next, you tap the Screenshot button.
- On successful, you get a screenshot preview in the bottom left corner.
Take a screenshot with a 2-button navigation.
- Press the power button on your Pixel phone.
- Tap Screenshot option
- Immediately, you get a screenshot captured, and a preview will appear in the bottom left corner.
So, these are the different ways you can use to take a screenshot on your Pixel phones. There is a slight difference in each of the methods mentioned above. Also, you can take screenshots with hardware buttons and without buttons, as shown above.
How do you access the screenshots you took?
Each screenshot you take with your Pixel phone gets stored in a special folder on the Google Pixel accessible through the photos app.
To access the screenshots, tap on the preview of the screenshots you captured. There you get a few markup tools to edit the screenshot. These are Undo, Redo, Trash, Share, Crop, add text, Draw, highlight and Erase. You can perform the desired action and then tap Save once you are finished. There are a number of advanced features you find in Google’s Pixel 6 and 6 pro phones. And there are different methods to perform a particular action. Taking screenshots is one of them, and you are given various methods to take the screenshot.