The global resistant starch market is set to witness growth at a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period, totaling a valuation of US$ 19.9 Bn by 2032. Rising demand for high fiber resistant starch due to its health benefits and increasing applications in food manufacturing industries are some of the key factors stimulating growth in the global resistant starch market.
In this case, a decent diet plan with healthy elements stems not only from desire, but also from necessity. Resistant or modified starches are ideal as a solution because they are non-GMO and provide a healthier alternative to clean labelled meals. Branded modified starches can provide healthier enhanced ingredients and whole grain choices while maintaining traditional taste, baking quality, and texture.
While gluten-rich foods like bread, pasta, pastries, and pizza are delicious, eating them on a daily basis can cause serious health problems like stomach ache. Although there are numerous gluten-free alternatives, such as nut flours and ancient grains, resistant starch cannot compete in terms of texture and flavour.
Unlock Growth Potential in Your Industry – Get Your Sample Report Now!
For better gastrointestinal health, eating a fiber-rich diet is necessary, and high fiber resistant starch can contain up to 10x the dietary fiber of traditional food items, making it a perfect product for reducing risk of strokes, heart attacks, obesity, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes. Reduced gluten in resistant starch has better nutritional value as well with 55-70% less allergenic gluten than traditional items and up to 10 grams of fiber included.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- By product, RS3 (resistant starch type 3) will continue to remain high in demand across various industries.
- Based on end use, confectionery segment is expected to contribute most to the global resistant starch market growth during the forecast period.
- With increasing usage of resistant starch, North America will continue to dominate the global resistant starch market.
- The U.S. resistant starch market is poised to grow at a healthy pace during the forecast period.
- Demand for resistant starch to surge at a robust pace across Australia over the assessment period.
“Resistant starch may level up to be the next ‘superfood’, with its appealing characteristics and wide range of health benefits. It has the tendency to promote digestive health and can prevent various diseases” says a Future Market Insights analyst.
While key resistant starch brands are focusing on new strategic development of a strong brand image, core business brands will continue to focus on supplying high quality, sustainable, and nutritional solutions to customers in the food space.
- In March 2021, Ingredion Incorporated launched Modified Potato Starch, named as ULTRA-TEX 1311, for indulgent textures made better and faster.
- In January 2021, Arcadia Biosciences Inc. announced that the brand is raising US$ 25 Mn to bring the GoodWheat resistant starch product to global market by taking advantage of a strong market for small-cap stocks to further transition into the plant and product development within the industry.
Explore More Valuable Insights
Future Market Insights, in its new report, offers an impartial analysis of the global Resistant Starch market, presenting historical data (2017-2021) and estimation statistics for the forecast period of 2022-2032.
Resistant Starch Market by Category
By Product Type:
- RS1 (Resistant Starch Type 1)
- RS2 (Resistant Starch Type 2)
- RS3 (Resistant Starch Type 3)
- RS4 (Resistant Starch Type 4)
- Fruits and Nuts
- Beans and Legumes
- Cereal Foods
By End Use:
- Bakery Products
- Confectionery Items
- Breakfast Cereals
- Dairy Products
- Meat and Processed Food
- Convenience Foods