Windows 10 provides built-in encryption solutions like BitLocker to ensure if the drive is used somewhere else, then it is not going to be readable. Though like other resolutions, it is the unshared resolution. If users are finding a substitute for BitLocker as an open-source encryption solution, then you can try the DiskCryptor. You may apply it to encrypt the disk partition with the system partition. If you need to use the DiskCryptor, then this post might be useful for you. Keep on reading to follow the instructions.
DiskCryptor Disk Encryption Software
As you begin, DiskCryptor is not the latest. According to a recent developer, it was created as a substitute for the DriveCrypt Plus Pack or PGP WDE by the NTLDR. Though there were no development from 2014, so people on diskcryptor.org takes place development of the software seems active at the GitHub page so that you can use it if you were looking for the alternate.
- Encryption of the disk partition.
- Complete the support for the vibrant disks.
- It works with RAID size, which is supported by the system, such as supports disk, including large sector size.
- Support for the key documents.
- It works with the DVD, CD, USB storage, apart from the storage devices.
- Launch license GNU GPLv3.
- Support for hotkeys also optional command-line interface.
As the Encryption is finished, partition or the size will not be applied to discover the data. It is going to protect with the password, and as you type the password, the structure of partition will be available.
How to Use the DiskCryptor
If you wish to use DiskCryptor, then pursue the given instructions:
- As you open the software, it will then the entire partition organized by physical drive.
- Click on any partition and then right-click.
- Tap on Encrypt.
- Then you have to choose an encryption algorithm and then wipe mode.
- Set the password or apply Keyfile.
- Begin Encryption then wait till it finishes.
- Password will be changed. Right-click on the size and select to change the password option from the context section.
The total time used for the Encryption is going to based on the speed and size of the drive. If users encrypt initial partition, You will require to insert a password while the boot procedure. The two exciting features that you must have an idea about.
DiskCryptor Wipe Mode
As you use the Wipe mode while Encryption, it will not remove the documents nor any remaining data that the document system includes. According to developers, it is not important because the program encrypts the entire document system. It rather avoids chances of retrieving the information by inspecting residual magnetic energy, which can complete on the specialist equipment.
Resume, Pause Encryption Anywhere
This function enables users to pause ongoing encryption procedure and resume it again later. If you utilize it, then you may also decrypt unfinished Encryption. It is easy to use if you have selected the wrong drive for the Encryption, and users don’t need to wait for hours to finish it. Moreover, if you are trying to encrypt the external drive, you may pause it and switch the PC and then begin Encryption on the other PC. As you must perform the entire types of Disk Management following the encrypting system, developers will suggest against it. It is because software may not have tested on these situations. You may download it. After finish installing, you need to start the PC again before you may use the software. If you decided to remove it, then ensure to decrypt the entire size, particularly system partition.