Disclaimer: This is a user generated content submitted by a member of the WriteUpCafe Community. The views and writings here reflect that of the author and not of WriteUpCafe. If you have any complaints regarding this post kindly report it to us.
You may have already accepted the fact that your dog will keep on chewing stuff around your house no matter what. But, it does not mean that you will willingly allow him to chew on your favorite pair of sneakers.
As a pet owner, you are responsible for training your dog on how to avoid destructive chewing. Here are some of the recommended tips that you can follow:
- Be creative in giving him alternative ways to divert his attention to other activities.
- Make sure that he gets to exercise regularly as this will help him keep busy while maintaining a healthy body.
- Be consistent with training your dog in terms of inappropriate chewing behavior.
- Recognize his good deeds as he shows some progress while you are training him for his chewing behavior.
- Keep your home free from any item that can potentially trigger your dog's inappropriate chewing.
Any concerns you may have about your pet’s health and/or behavior should be brought to the attention of your veterinarian in Burnsville, MN.