There’s only one thing I can think of, “Old is Gold,” and it fits perfectly for what we are discussing in this post. Dry brushing is an ancient practice and has become quite popular these days, even among supermodels, and Miranda Kerr, one of the supermodels, also swears by using dry brushing to achieve glowing skin.
Now you must be wondering what it is about dry brushing that’s making all the fuss, right? So sit back and relax as we go through what dry brushing is, how it benefits your skin, and the best dry brushes you should try your hands on.
Dry brushing is a method of scrubbing your skin with a firm, bristled brush from toe to head. And it’s done without using any sort of scrub or liquid substance — both your skin and the brush should be dry, hence called dry brushing.
Many great cultures, including the ancient Greeks and the Japanese, used this technique to enhance their beauty. This ancient practice is still used in Ayurvedic medicine to date and has become somewhat of a trend lately. It’s a simple DIY treatment you can perform at home in under five minutes and saves you a lot of money and time that you would ordinarily spend at a spa.
Wondering why you should use dry brushing? Check out the benefits below:
- Helps in releasing toxins- dry brushing helps with removing toxins and relaxing your body.
- Exfoliates- the coarse bristles of the brush help remove dry, dead skin cells from the surface of the skin and increases skin cells turnover, leaving you with soft and smooth skin.
- Relaxing- the process is very much similar to massaging, which helps in relaxing your body.
- Cellulite- there’s no proven way of getting rid of cellulite, but dry brushing’s effects being similar to massaging plumps your skin and can reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Circulation- dry brushing makes your skin more radiant by stimulating blood circulation, so if you see red skin after dry brushing, that’s the sign of increased blood circulation apart from irritation.
The Best of it
So now that you know all the great benefits of dry brushing, check out our handpicked list of best dry brushes