Ended up in QuickBooks error code 1304 and don’t know what is to be done? Well, if that is the case, then reading this post will help you a lot. This error appears with a warning message that states “Error writing to file [THBImg45.dll]. Verify that you have access to that directory.” Error 1304 is a Windows error that, apart from affecting QuickBooks, also appears in various Windows applications. QuickBooks Desktop Error 1304 pops up when you try to install or update the QuickBooks Desktop application. There can be various other reasons as well causing such an error. If you are interested in finding out the effective solutions and major causes of such an error, then reading this post till the end will surely work. However, if there is any query, then the user can get in touch with our QuickBooks support team for any further assistance.
What Causes Error Code C=1304 In QuickBooks?
Here is the list of factors that can trigger QuickBooks error code 1304:
- One of the major reasons can be error writing to file
- Or if the error code 1304 with QuickBooks takes place when there is some issue with the CD Drive itself.
- Another reason can be if the CD might be damaged
- Or damaged Microsoft.NET component.
Steps to fix the issue
The user can try performing the below set of steps to get rid of the error. The steps are related to sharing CD-ROM from a different computer
- The first step is to insert the QuickBooks installation CD into a different computer in the network.
- After that in case the installation begins on its own, then click Quit on the installation window.
- And then, open the Windows File Manager, right-click the CD-ROM and choose the option Sharing and Security.
- Now checkmark the Share this folder checkbox.
- And also click on Applyfollowed by OK.
- The user needs to then right-click on the My Computer Followed by that, select the Computer Name.
- And press the Windows + R key on the computer where you want to install QuickBooks.
- Type (name of the computer having the QuickBooks CD).
- Also, press the Enter key and double-click the letter of the drive that has the CD.
- The last step is to double click on the setup file to begin the installation process.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 3371?
By now, the user might be successfully able to get rid of such an error. But if in case the error continues or the user needs our assistance at any point in time, then talking to our experts at +1-844-521-0490 and asking them to resolve the issue will work. We are a team of technically sound experts who work round the clock to provide the best possible QuickBooks error support services immediately.