According to FMI’s market research, the global protease market is estimated to be worth US$ 4.6 billion by 2033. During the forecast period, the protease industry is expected to develop at a CAGR of 7.8%. The market is valued at US$ 2.1 billion as of 2023.
Protease enzymes have enormous growth potential in the food industry. Protease is widely sought after in the food industry due to its flavour and ability to improve texture.
They also help to increase metabolism and improve the nutrient content and solubility of food. Protease improves the functioning, coagulation, and texture of food.
One of the key factors driving the market’s rise is increasing awareness of the significance of keeping fitness and good health. The product is increasingly being used in the food & beverage business in Europe.
Food enzymes such as lipase, protease, and carbohydrates have progressed the European food and beverage business tremendously. Protein hydrolysates with a high nutritional value and specific peptide profile were created using alkaline proteases. It is critical for softening meat, particularly beef.
Unlock Growth Potential in Your Industry – Get Your Sample Report Now!
For the benefits of enhanced oil separation and increased yield, food enzymes, particularly protease, are encouraged in seafood products. This leads to energy savings, high protein value, and nutritive value with better-functioning products in order to ‘clean’ fish frames for use as a calcium source.
Emulsification and better-quality meat removal are also included. Manufacturers of protease have created a variety of fresh goods that might be incorporated into a line of beverages and snacks.
When customers turn to a healthier lifestyle, leading manufacturers with a presence in the global market must modify their business plans. The dearth of available plant and animal proteases, however, could limit the market’s expansion.
Demand for protease might be also hampered by a lack of awareness of the benefits the medication provides. Protease extraction is also a costly and time-consuming process, which restricts the market.
Key Takeaways from Europe Protease Market Study:
- Europe protease market exhibited a CAGR of 6.8% between 2018 and 2021.
- The United Kingdom protease market is estimated to cross US$ 36.1 million by 2023.
- Germany protease market is likely to exhibit a CAGR of 8.3% from 2018 to 2021.
- Based on end-use application, the baking & confectionery sector is predicted to hold around 15.6% of the Europe protease market share by 2023.
- Top 3 countries in the Europe protease market are predicted to generate a share of about 27.1% in the next ten years.
“The laundry detergent industry in Europe requires proteases. They are extensively used to make soaps and detergents owing to their stain-removing properties. As a result, the protease market in Europe is expanding considerably.” – Says a lead analyst.
Competitive Landscape: Europe Protease Market
The competitive climate in the market for proteases in Europe is significantly influenced by product offerings, operational strategies, geographic presence, and product quality. Manufacturers are doing their own research and development to differentiate their products.
Importance of connectivity has been emphasized by businesses such as Novozymes A/S, Biocatalysts, and DSM throughout their value chains. They have taken this action in order to maintain the product’s consistent quality and a regular supply of raw ingredients.
- In June 2021, DSM-Novozymes alliance introduced ProAct 360, its latest second-generation protease. In terms of three crucial criteria, ProAct 360 establishes a new industry standard for protease technology for poultry. It includes feed effectiveness, cost effectiveness, and sustainability. This cutting-edge feed formulation offers faster action, better matrix values for essential amino acids, and more consistent gains in growth performance. ProAct 360, as its name implies, displays a 360° awareness of both the demands of poultry producers and the potential environmental difficulties that their industry might encounter.
A Few Key Players in the Europe Protease Market include:
- Rossari Biotech Limited
- Kemin Industries, Inc.
- Nagase and Co. Ltd.
- Jiangsu Boli Bioproducts Co. Ltd
- Creative Enzymes
- Lallemand Inc.
- Advanced Enzymen Technologies Limited
- AB Enzymes GmbH
- Royal DSM
Europe Protease Market Can Be Split in-
- Powder & Granule
By End-use Application:
- Dairy Products
- Meat Products and Processing
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Baby Food/ Infant Food
- Oil & Fat Processing
- Starch and Grain Processing
- Fruits and Vegetable Processing
- Cheese Making/Processing
- Egg Products
- Dietary Supplements
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Personal Care Products
- Animal Nutrition