With advancement of technology, techniques, and methodology, several innovative products are being developed and commercialized by various industries into the market. Enzyme technology is one such method in which tremendous research is going on since the last few decades to ease different industrial processes. Enzymes are defined as the catalysts that help to carry out a chemical reaction. These are protein molecules which enhance the rate of the reaction. They decrease the activation energy required for a reaction to proceed. Enzymes have been extensively employed in food & beverage, animal feed, textile, paper & pulp, biofuel, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and research industries, among others.
The global enzymes market was valued $6.57 billion in 2017 and is anticipated to reach $10.63 billion by 2025. The growing demand for enzymes in various industries is the major reason for the growth of this market. Enzymes have become an integral part of various industrial applications. Other factors supporting the growth of the market include reliability on enzymes for eco-friendly industries and the advancements in the enzyme technology.
The global enzymes market is segmented into three different parts: by products, by application, and by region. The research and biotechnology enzymes are further segmented into different types of products/ enzymes.
Based on applications, the market can be sub-segmented into animal feed, food & beverage, cleaning product, research & biotechnology, biofuel, diagnostic, and others. In 2017, food and beverage industry was estimated to be the dominant application segment due to the increased demand for processed and packaged food in developed as well as developing nations. Enzymes are employed in a number of processing procedures in food and beverage industry. However, research and biotechnology industry is expected to register the highest CAGR due to the rising investments and increased regulatory support for this industry.
The research and biotechnology enzymes market can be further segmented based on the type of products into polymerases, ligases, nucleases, reverse trancriptases, and others. Nuclease or restriction enzyme was estimated to be the dominant segment in terms of revenue in 2017 while reverse transcriptase segment is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period from 2018 to 2025.
Geographically, the market is segmented into five distinct regions including, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest-of-the-World. North America. followed by Europe, is the leading contributor of the market. Within North America, the U.S. contributed to almost 90% of the total share, and the rest of the share was occupied by Canada in 2017. Within Europe, Germany dominated the market in 2017. However, the market for Asia-pacific region is expected to witness high growth rate, during the forecast period from 2018 to 2025, as compared to other regions.
The enzymes market especially research and biotechnology enzymes market has a promising potential for growth in the coming years. The report provides an in-depth SWOT analysis of different key players of the market, supported by extensive financial summary of each company. The key players of the market are Novozyme A/G, AB Enzymes, Agilent Technologies, Amano Enzymes, BioLine, DNA Polymerase Technology, Inc., F. Hoffmann La Roche, Enzymatics, Fapon Biotech, Inc., Lucigen, and New England Biolabs, among others.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
• What are the major market drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global enzymes market?
• What were the market shares of the leading segments, and sub-segments of the global enzymes market in 2017 and what will be their shares in 2026?
• How will each segment of the global enzyme market grow during the forecast period, and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2026?
• What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players?
• What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
• What are the major regulatory authorities/ associations/ consortiums affecting the global enzymes market and what are the main designations facilitating development and approval of enzyme products?
• Which are the companies holding patent rights for enzymes and what patent landscape exist in the market?
• Which product segment is expected to register the highest CAGR for the global enzymes market?
• How has the market been segmented based on application? Which application area had the largest share in 2017, and the fastest growth rate in the global enzymes market?
• Which geographical region will contribute to the highest sales of the enzymes during the forecast period and which will have the highest CAGR?
Get Free Sample Report – https://bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=595&type=download
The purpose of the study is to gain a holistic view of the global enzymes market in terms of various factors influencing it such as key market trends, competitive and regulatory aspects of the market, and scientific innovations with respect to enzyme evolution. The report offers the reader with an opportunity to unlock comprehensive insights with respect to the market and helps in forming well informed strategic decisions. The research uncovers some of the substantial parameters that must be taken into consideration before entering the market.
BIS Related Studies