The error code P26 is quite common and may appear on a Canon printer. Are you facing the error code P26 on your Canon printer? Have you become tired of looking for solutions to fix it? If your answer is yes, you have finally come to the right page. We will mention several great methods to sort out the error code P26 in the article in an easy way. Let’s take a look at these methods and learn how to quickly rectify the error code P26.
What are the Reasons behind the Error P26?
One first needs to understand the causes before one tries to fix the error. The error code P26 generally occurs on Canon Pixma printers. If you own a Canon Pixma printer, you may face the error anytime. We have listed the basic causes for the occurrence of the error code P26 below. Some basic causes for the occurrence of the error code P26 have been mentioned below. Let’s understand why the error code P26 occurs.
- When your Canon printer is not compatible with your current operating system, the error code P26 may occur.
- If your system has obsolete drivers installed on it, you may face the error.
- The improper connection may cause the error code to occur on your Canon printer.
Note: We have listed a few basic causes for the occurrence of Canon printer error code P26. Becoming aware of the reasons will help you fix the error quickly. Now is the time to look at ways to remove the error code P26 on a Canon printer. Read the whole procedure below.
The error code P26 most often occurs when your printer is not compatible with the settings you have made. To restore your printer settings to the default settings, you may have to reset the Canon printer. We have explained the complete procedure to reset a Canon printer in easy steps. Follow these steps:
- The first and most important thing you need to do is turn off your Canon printer.
- To do so, you need to press the Power button.
- Now, you have to press and hold the Stop/Reset button at the same time and keep these buttons pressed.
- Make sure that you do not release any buttons when you are doing the process.
- You will see the green light blinking during the process.
- Now, you have to release the Stop/Reset button and press the ON button.
- Without releasing the Power button, you need to press the Stop/Reset button five times.
- Doing so will reset the Canon printer.
- When you see any information on your Canon printer, release the button.
- Turn the Canon printer on and turn it back on.
- Try printing a test page to see if the error code P26 is gone.
Note: The process of resetting the Canon printer may not often work in rare cases. You should update the printer drivers and check if the issue is gone. If not, hire an engineer to resolve this error.
The most important thing that helps your printer function properly is drivers. When the printer drivers become outdated, you may face several printing problems. We have mentioned the whole procedure to update the printer drivers. Follow the instructions in the same manner as described below.
- First, connect your system to high-speed internet.
- Open the web browser on your system.
- Go to the official website of Canon drivers.
- After visiting the official page, you need to enter the printer model and the operating system that you use.
- The website will search for the latest printer drivers according to your requirements.
- When you see the “Download” link on the screen, you need to click on the same link.
- As you click on the link, the download will begin.
- When the download is complete, you need to locate the file in the “Downloads” folder on your computer.
- Install the printer drivers by following the steps appearing on the screen.
- When the installation is complete, you need to restart your system for the changes to come into effect.
- The procedure will help you sort out the error.
Note: Updating the printer drivers can be a difficult job for some. We ask you to download the driver updater programs such as Avast Driver Updater and Driver Easy. They detect outdated drivers and update them without you having to worry about anything.
The error code P26 is common and may occur on your Canon printer anytime. With the help of the methods mentioned above in the article, one can quickly fix the error code. We hope the solutions prove helpful.
source – Fix Canon Printer Error P26 Quickly