Google Drive is a cloud-based service that many use to store data. It is a secure place where one can keep their files, documents, videos, and images. You can access your data anywhere from your device. Google Drive works on smartphones as well as on PC. Sometimes, you may face issues with Google Drive and find them difficult to fix. Below are the ways to fix Google Drive issues.
Fix Google Drive Issues on PC
If the uploading process is slow or stuck, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Task Manager
- Force close all the running programs.
- Then, reboot your PC.
- Clear caches and cookies. Your problem will now be fixed.
- Make sure that the internet connection is fast.
- Start Uploading files.
Check for Browser Updates If Google Drive Issue Persists
The updated version may improve the features of Google Drive. You can check for the latest version of the browser by following the instructions:
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- You will see various options on the list. Select the “About” option.
- Click on the same option.
- As you click it, you will see the “Update” option if there is an update available.
- If you see the latest version, install it on your PC.
- Updating the version may fix the problem.
Fix the “Waiting to upload” Issue
The cached files and cookies may take up much space on your browser and cause your browser to work improperly. It may show a “Waiting to upload” issue. Make sure that your internet is high-speed. If it is okay, you can fix this issue by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Look at the top of your web browser.
- Click on the three dots that appear as the “Settings” option.
- You need to go to “Privacy & Security.”
- Go to the “Clear browsing data” option.
- Select the checkboxes.
- Now, click the “Clear data” option to clear the cached files and cookies.
Contact Google Support
Sometimes, the situation may seem out of your control. When you find no solution to your problem, you can ask for a solution from Google Support. Follow these steps:
- Visit the Help Center section using your account on Google Drive Help.
- Explain the issue you are facing.
- The Google Drive specialist may solve your queries.
Google Drive Issues on Your Smartphone
Google Drive works as an app on smartphones. There are various issues that a smartphone user can face while they use the Google Drive app. Here are some common problems related to the Google Drive app. Below are the solutions.
Unable to Access the Folders and Files
If you cannot access the files and folders on Google Drive, you can fix the issue by going to the “Settings” option. Here is how one can fix the problem. Follow these steps:
- Open the Google Drive app on your smartphone.
- Go to the Network Settings on your smartphone.
- Check the settings correctly.
- Switch to mobile data if the Wi-Fi network is down.
Do It If File Upload is Stuck and Not Responding.
If you have downloaded the Google Drive application from an unknown source, you may face several issues. You can clear the cached files and cookies in the app. Doing so will solve your problem. If it doesn’t work, try reinstalling the Google Drive app on Google Play Store.
Google Drive is a reliable cloud storage service developed by Google. It lets you store data and access the data anywhere. Users may face several common issues with Google Drive. We have shared effective ways to deal with these issues. We hope you find the article helpful.
Source URL – Fix the Google Drive Issues