If your QuickBooks program is suddenly not working and it has an error that says “QuickBooks has stopped working”, there are a number of causes and fixes. One of the possible causes could be too many files in one company file, or when Windows files have been damaged. However, this is typically seen as an error with your desktop version of QuickBooks. It is indicated when a message says “QuickBooks has stopped working” or if you get a blank screen on logging into your account.
The QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Error can be caused by a variety of factors.
This mistake can be caused by a variety of factors. The following are some of these reasons:
QuickBooks Desktop application files and or QuickBooks Desktop installation have been damaged.
- The QBWUSER.INI file has been damaged.
- There is data on a hard disc that is corrupted.
- Windows Files Have Been Damaged
- Error During Installation
- Company File Names That Are Too Long.
The Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Not Working are listed below.
Check out these indicators to help solve a potential issue if QuickBooks stops working, responding, or won't open.
Your machine will shut down on its own.
The computer's screen will become unresponsive and stop working.
You open the Quickbooks software, but it refuses to respond to your orders.
QuickBooks will not launch.
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error “QuickBooks has Stopped Working” or “QuickBooks Has Stopped Responding”
Troubleshooting is essential for resolving difficulties that prevent QuickBooks from opening or freezing. To resolve the problem, follow these troubleshooting steps.
Please complete the following before proceeding with any other steps:
- To begin, restart your computer.
- Open the QuickBooks software now.
- Select Start > All Programs > Programs > Right-click on QuickBooks and select Properties.
- Open QuickBooks by using the Ctrl key.
QuickBooks Tool Hub is the first solution.
Fortunately, Intuit offers the QuickBooks Tool Hub, a freebie that can help users fix common issues. QuickBooks Tool Hub, with its many tools and features for resolving issues, becomes the ideal alternative for resolving this mistake.
Follow the steps below to use QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix the ‘QuickBooks has stopped operating' error:
1. Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and download it.
2. Double-click the Setup to launch it.
3. To install the program on your PC, follow the on-screen directions. Accept the terms and conditions as well; else, the installation option will be disabled.
4. After the installation is complete, go to the Start menu and select QuickBooks Tool Hub from the drop-down menu.
5. Choose Program Issues.
6. Select Quick Fix My Program from the drop-down menu.
All QuickBooks background processes will be closed automatically by the tool hub. Following that, it will fix the application files quickly. You can now launch QuickBooks and open your company file after the process is complete. If you continue to receive the same issue, you should go to the next step.