YouTube offers you to store videos offline for seeing at your preference. But most users complained that whenever they are trying to store the video, they are facing. ‘A name has not been set for this account YouTube error.’ This error happens while uploading a video or also signing into the YouTube account. So, if you are facing the same issue, then follow the article and the given directions.
Adding an Account Name to Fix ‘A name has not been set for this account YouTube’ Error
The users who want to add an account name can follow these under-written directions. If you have already tried this resolution, then continue further to the next solution.
- Navigate to the account page of YouTube on your system.
- After that, invoke the section of ‘Personal Info.’
- Beneath the section of Profile, select the option of Name.
- Reach the name screen, input the name then store it.
- Click on the Done button to apply the changes.
- You should get the return to the section of Personal Info.
- After that, select the option of Nickname.
- Later, input a nickname for the account.
- Now, choose the Done button to upload a nickname.
Adding an Account Name on Phone to Fix ‘A name has not been set for this account YouTube’ Error
The users keen to add an account name on the phone can pursue the directions given below.
- You should invoke the YouTube application on the phone.
- After that, select the name of the channel.
- This will ask you to apply for a new name for the account.
- You have to upload a new name to the account then store the changes.
- Now, shut and reopen the YouTube application and look for any improvements.
Check for Service Outage to Fix ‘A name has not been set for this account YouTube’ Error
The users who want to check for service outages can follow these steps:-
- In case modifying the name does not fix the problem, look for the service outage.
- After that, Google declares any problems with its products into the Product Forum.
- You should look at the Google Product Forum for whichever service outage announcements.
- Now, whichever associated service problems will be solved automatically through the company, then you aren’t required to take additional instructions at the end.
Reset Data and Cache to Fix ‘A name has not been set for this account YouTube’ Error
The users keen to reset data and cache; can determine to pursue the directions given below.
- In case the problem is only happening on the phone, attempt removing the data and cache.
- After that, select the Settings option.
- You should click on the Apps option.
- Go to the Storage option and click on it.
- You have to choose the button of Clear cache.
- After greying out the switch, open the YouTube application and check whether the issue is fixed.
- In case the error continues, invoke the YouTube application Settings once more.
- Select the button Clear Data.
- You should verify the step by selecting the Yes.
- Make sure that removing the data will remove all the stored downloads through the application.
- Now, reopen the YouTube application and look for any improvements.
Follow the steps given in the article and sort out your issue.