It irritates a lot when you are in the middle of something on your Android and the error “Unfortunately app has stopped” appears. It becomes worst when the error begins appearing repeatedly. So, here is the ways that you can use to fix the issue.
Remove Current Applications and Begin the Application Again
To solve the “Unfortunately app has stopped” error by removing the recent apps and restart the app, follow the whole directions below:
- Firstly, shut the Application by either selecting the button of Home or Back.
- After that, input the current apps field by selecting a suitable button.
- After that, delete the Application by selecting on the sliding or cross the Application upwards.
- You should even remove each current Application to free up RAM.
- Finally, attempt to invoke the Application once more and check whether it works correctly.
Remove Data and Cache for the Application
To solve the “Unfortunately app has stopped” error by removing data and cache for the app, follow the whole directions below:
- Navigate to the Settings option of the mobile.
- Thereafter, Select the option of Apps.
- You should choose the defective Application through the applications list.
- Select the option of Storage.
- Now, you will view the options to remove cache and data.
- Then choose the respective options, and the said files will be removed.
- Finally, shut the settings and attempt using the Application once more, and check whether you can solve the issue on Android.
Upgrade the Application
To solve the “Unfortunately app has stopped” error by upgrading the app, follow the whole directions below:
- Navigate to the Play Store on your device.
- Thereafter, reach the left side panel and locate the hamburger icon then select it.
- You should choose the option of “My Apps and Games”.
- Then browse for the Application and look at whether there are any awaiting updates.
- In case Yes, then choose the button of Update.
- After updating the Application, attempt using it once more and look at whether it works correctly or not.
Uninstall the Application and then Install it Again
To solve “Unfortunately app has stopped” error by uninstalling the app and then install it again, follow the whole directions below:
- You should invoke the settings on the device.
- After that, reach the section of Apps.
- Then browse for the Application that is showing an error and select it.
- Choose the button of Uninstall.
- Now, after deleting the Application, download the Application once more through Google Play Store.
Update the Android OS
To solve the “Unfortunately app has stopped” error by updating the Android OS, follow the whole directions below:
- Navigate to the Settings of the device.
- After that, select the option of System.
- You should select the ‘Software Update’ button.
- You will locate the option to ‘Check for Software Updates’ then choose it.
- Later, in case you locate that a software update is applicable and then choose the Update button.
- Now, you wait for a while until the Update gets downloaded and installed.
- Finally, once you have done it, reboot the system.
Using these methods will help you stop the “unfortunately app has stopped” error from appearing in various cases.