SVR Global is a valuable Forged Steel Ball Valve Manufacturer in USA that offers a wide range of product solutions, satisfying even the most demanding operating conditions, ensuring more flexibility, more capacity and therefore more excellent economy.
What is a Forged Steel Ball Valve?
A forged steel ball valve is a common type of valve used to control and regulate fluid flow. As the name suggests, it is a ball valve made out of forged steel.
A ball valve is opened and closed by rotating the lever handle clockwise and counterclockwise, respectively. When the ball hole is parallel to the fluid flow, the valve is said to be open, and when the ball hole is rotated at 90 degrees, the valve is said to be closed.
Advantages of a Forged Steel Ball Valve:
- Comes in different shapes and sizes
- Regulates the pressure between various units as needed.
Industries that use a Forged Steel Ball Valve
- Distillery Plant
- Drilling Platform
- Fertilizer Plant
- Marine & Mining
- Oil and Gas
- Pulp & Papermill
- Sugar mill
- Textile and Process
- Thermal and Nuclear Power Plant
- Water Supply
What is Forging?
Forging is a manufacturing process involving the shaping of metal through hammering, pressing, or rolling. These compressive forces are delivered with a hammer or die. Forging is often categorized according to the temperature at which it is performed- cold, warm or hot forging. A wide range of metals can be forged.
What is Forged Steel?
Forged steel is created by fusing iron and carbon under high pressure. Steel becomes ductile and malleable when heated to forging temperature, allowing it to be shaped into the required shape with force and pressure. Forged steel has less surface porosity, a finer grain structure, more tensile and fatigue strength, and greater ductility than any other processed steel. Forged valves are known for their strength, making them excellent for high-pressure and high-temperature applications.
What is a Ball Valve?
A ball valve is a quarter-turn on/off valve with a rotational motion that controls the flow of a liquid or gas.
Ball valves are referred to as quarter-turn valves because the ball rotates 90 degrees between the fully open and fully closed positions. On/off valves either allow flow (on) or obstruct it completely (off). These valves are also known as isolation valves, because they can effectively shut down flow into a segment of a system, often for maintenance to be performed.
A ball valve comprises a valve housing, which is often a metal casting and a perforated ball. The flow is restricted by turning the ball 90 degrees around its axis using a stem.
Advantages of Ball Valves:
- Compact in size
- Corrosive environments aren’t an issue
- Do not require lubrication
- Easy to use
- Flexibility in design
- Great shut on/off capability
- Long life expectancy
- Low-pressure drop (flow is almost unrestricted)
- Minimal leakage through wear & tear if properly used.
- Low maintenance cost
- Requires little maintenance
- Suitable for emergency power outages
- Suitable for use in high-pressure environments
- Time effective to operate
Disadvantages of Ball Valves:
- Body cavity filled with fluid
- Not suitable for high temperature
- Not suitable for throttling
- Not suitable for thicker media as sedimentation could occur and damage the valve disc & seat.
- Surge pressure could occur due to rapid closing and opening.
- The partially exposed seat erodes quickly in a throttling position due to the impact of high-velocity flow.
- Should be positioned upright and cannot be used for throttling because the valve handle has been rotated.
Industries that use Ball Valves:
- Oil & Gas
- Power Processing
- Water Treatment
Description of a Forged steel ball valve:
SVR Global is a valuable Forged Steel Ball Valve Manufacturer in USA that provides forged steel ball valves with the following features-
Material: A105, F11, F22, F51, LF2, F304, F304L, F316, F316L
Class: 150-2500; PN25-PN450
Ends: Flanged, Socket weld, Buttweld, Threaded
Size: ½’’ to 48’’
Operation: Electric actuated, Pneumatic actuated, Gear operated, Lever operated
About various valves provided by SVR Global – https://svrglobal.net/products/forged-steel-ball-valve/