Glass Facade Industry Overview
The global glass facade market size is expected to reach USD 92.6 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2021 to 2028. The market growth is attributable to the rising penetration of glass as a construction material owing to benefits such as aesthetics, cost-effectiveness, and energy efficiency.
Glass Facade Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the glass facade market on the basis of product, application, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Tempered, Insulated, Laminated, Others.
- The insulated segment dominated the market for glass Facade and held the largest revenue share of over 54.0% in 2020. The major factor driving the insulated glass segment is high energy efficiency in buildings as it reduces the energy power consumption needed for cooling or heating the area.
- IGUs are extensively preferred in green buildings as it minimizes ecological footprint and is made from multiple glass panes, which reduces the heat transfer. The space between the panes is filled with inert gases such as argon, which is mostly used owing to its low thermal insulation.
- Tempered, also referred to as toughened glass usually breaks into small blunt pieces instead of big shards, which makes it less likely to injure a person. These properties make it applicable for use as a safety glass.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Residential, Non-residential.
- The non-residential segment dominated the market for glass Facade and accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 66.0% in 2020. The high share is attributable to the scope of the segment, which includes commercial space, hotels, restaurants, shopping centers, and other such huge buildings. As countries come out of the pandemic, workspaces are under plans to reopen.
- Growing investments in commercial construction are anticipated to propel the consumption of glass Facades over the forecast period.
- The penetration of glass Facade is propelling in the residential segment as well. Glazing helps in bringing daylight for a longer period, saving on the cost of external lighting.
Glass Facade Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market for glass Façade is highly competitive in nature owing to the presence of numerous established players. With growth in the facade industry, various new developments are being witnessed as the players are indulging themselves in adopting different strategic initiatives to gain a higher market share and widen their customer base.
Some prominent players in the global glass facade market include
- AGC Inc.
- Asahi India Glass Limited
- Euroglas GmbH
- GUARDIAN INDUSTRIES
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
- Sisecam Group
Order a free sample PDF of the Glass Facade Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519