The global congestive heart failure market was worth USD 11.54 billion in 2021, and it is predicted to increase at a 5.4% CAGR during the forecast period. The global market for congestive heart failure is growing as a result of both industry growth and an increase in coronary artery disease and heart attacks.
The rise in cardiomyopathy, diabetes-related cardiomyopathy, and hypertension is another factor boosting the market for congestive heart failure. Government and non-government initiatives, ongoing medical breakthroughs, and drug discovery all contribute to the market’s growth. Furthermore, COVID-19 had a significant impact on market expansion.
According to World Health Organisation (WHO) figures, CVDs are responsible for 17.9 million deaths worldwide, accounting for 32% of all fatalities. In 2019, CVDs accounted for 38% of the 17 million premature deaths (before the age of 70) that were not caused by infectious illnesses.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the Here@ https://analyticsmarketresearch.com/sample-request/medicine-for-congestive-heart-failure-market/76871/
Congestive heart failure (CHF) is a medical condition in which the heart is unable to pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. There are several medicines available for the treatment of CHF, which are broadly classified into the following segments:
1. Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors: These medicines block the production of a hormone called angiotensin II, which can cause the blood vessels to narrow and increase blood pressure. Examples of ACE inhibitors include lisinopril, enalapril, and ramipril.
2. Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs): These medicines work by blocking the action of angiotensin II on the blood vessels, thereby reducing blood pressure. Examples of ARBs include losartan, candesartan, and valsartan.
3. Beta-blockers: These medicines reduce the heart’s workload by slowing down its rate and decreasing the force of its contractions. Examples of beta-blockers include carvedilol, bisoprolol, and metoprolol.
4. Diuretics: These medicines help the body get rid of excess fluid by increasing urine output. Examples of diuretics include furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide, and spironolactone.
5. Digoxin: This medicine increases the strength of the heart’s contractions and can help control the heart rate.
6. Inotropic agents: These medicines are used in severe cases of CHF to increase the strength of the heart’s contractions. Examples of inotropic agents include dobutamine and milrinone.
7. Aldosterone antagonists: These medicines block the action of a hormone called aldosterone, which can cause the body to retain salt and water, leading to fluid buildup. Examples of aldosterone antagonists include eplerenone and spironolactone.
The choice of medicine(s) for CHF treatment depends on the severity of the condition, the patient’s age and overall health, and any other medical conditions they may have. Treatment is typically individualized and may involve a combination of medicines from different segments.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
The market for medicines used to treat congestive heart failure (CHF) is a global one, with a significant portion of the market located in North America, Europe, and Asia. In these regions, a variety of medications are available to help manage CHF, including:
1. ACE inhibitors — These drugs help relax blood vessels, reducing blood pressure and easing the heart’s workload.
2. Beta-blockers — These medications slow the heart rate and reduce blood pressure, helping to relieve stress on the heart.
3. Diuretics — These drugs help the body eliminate excess fluid, reducing swelling and pressure on the heart.
4. Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) — Similar to ACE inhibitors, these medications relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure.
5. Aldosterone antagonists — These medications help block the effects of aldosterone, a hormone that can contribute to fluid buildup in the body.
6. Inotropes — These drugs help strengthen the heart’s contractions, improving its ability to pump blood.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the medicines for congestive heart failure market in several ways. Here are some of the impacts:
1. Delayed Diagnosis and Treatment: With the focus on COVID-19 patients, many people with heart failure have delayed or avoided seeking medical care, leading to delayed diagnosis and treatment.
2. Supply Chain Disruptions: The pandemic has disrupted global supply chains, leading to shortages of medicines and medical devices used in the treatment of heart failure.
3. Reduced Hospital Admissions: To reduce the risk of infection, hospitals have reduced the number of non-emergency admissions, which has affected the treatment of heart failure patients.
4. Clinical Trials: The pandemic has disrupted ongoing clinical trials, leading to delays in the development of new medicines for heart failure.
5. Economic Impact: The pandemic has had a negative impact on the global economy, leading to reduced healthcare spending and budget cuts for research and development of new medicines.
Despite these challenges, the market for medicines for congestive heart failure is expected to continue to grow in the coming years due to the increasing prevalence of heart failure and the development of new treatments. However, the pandemic has highlighted the need for more resilient supply chains and innovative approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of heart failure.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
• Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market based on segmentation involving both economic as well as non-economic factors
• Provision of market value (USD Billion) data for each segment and sub-segment
• Indicates the region and segment that is expected to witness the fastest growth as well as to dominate the market
• Analysis by geography highlighting the consumption of the product/service in the region as well as indicating the factors that are affecting the market within each region
• Competitive landscape which incorporates the market ranking of the major players, along with new service/product launches, partnerships, business expansions, and acquisitions in the past five years of companies profiled
• Extensive company profiles comprising of company overview, company insights, product benchmarking, and SWOT analysis for the major market players
• The current as well as the future market outlook of the industry with respect to recent developments which involve growth opportunities and drivers as well as challenges and restraints of both emerging as well as developed regions
• Includes in-depth analysis of the market of various perspectives through Porter’s five forces analysis
• Provides insight into the market through Value Chain
• Market dynamics scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
• 6-month post-sales analyst support
Analytics Market Research is an established market analytics and research firm with a domain experience sprawling across different industries. We have been working on multi-county market studies right from our inception. Over the time, from our existence, we have gained laurels for our deep rooted market studies and insightful analysis of different markets.
Our strategic market analysis and capability to comprehend deep cultural, conceptual and social aspects of various tangled markets has helped us make a mark for ourselves in the industry. Analytics Market Research is a frontrunner in helping numerous companies; both regional and international to successfully achieve their business goals based on our in-depth market analysis. Moreover, we are also capable of devising market strategies that ensure guaranteed customer bases for our clients.
Analytics Market Research
99 WALL STREET, #2124 NEW YORK, NY 10005