During the forecast period, the Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Drugs Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.6%. As a result of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, the worldwide healthcare system has encountered unprecedented challenges, with opportunistic and secondary infections being among the most significant issues. The majority of secondary infections emerge as nosocomial infections as a result of exposure to multidrug-resistant organisms in healthcare settings. Researchers identified 8,869 healthcare-associated infections (HCAI) caused by multidrug-resistant (MDR) bacteria that contributed to the higher mortality rate in Brazil, according to the study “Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the Incidence of Multidrug-Resistant Bacterial Infections in an Acute Care Hospital in Brazil” published in “American Journal of Infection Control” in September 2021. According to the statistics, there were 8,869 HCAIs, with 2,641 (29.7%) caused by multidrug-resistant (MDR) bacteria and 1,257 (14.1%) from ICUs. During COVID-19, the overall incidence density (ID) of MDR illnesses increased by 23%.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the Here@ https://analyticsmarketresearch.com/sample-request/methicillin-resistant-staphylococcus-aureus-drugs-market/76872/
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a type of bacteria that is resistant to many antibiotics, making it difficult to treat. There are several drugs available for the treatment of MRSA, which are broadly classified into the following segments:
- Vancomycin and Teicoplanin: These are glycopeptide antibiotics that are effective against MRSA. They work by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall, which is essential for bacterial growth.
- Linezolid: This is an oxazolidinone antibiotic that inhibits protein synthesis in bacteria. It is effective against MRSA and is often used in the treatment of skin and soft tissue infections caused by MRSA.
- Daptomycin: This is a cyclic lipopeptide antibiotic that disrupts the bacterial cell membrane, leading to bacterial death. It is effective against MRSA and is often used in the treatment of skin and soft tissue infections caused by MRSA.
- Ceftaroline: This is a cephalosporin antibiotic that inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis. It is effective against MRSA and is often used in the treatment of skin and soft tissue infections caused by MRSA.
- Tigecycline: This is a tetracycline antibiotic that inhibits bacterial protein synthesis. It is effective against MRSA and is often used in the treatment of complicated skin and soft tissue infections caused by MRSA.
- Clindamycin: This is a lincosamide antibiotic that inhibits bacterial protein synthesis. It is effective against MRSA and is often used in the treatment of skin and soft tissue infections caused by MRSA.
- Pfizer Inc.
2. Merck & Co., Inc.
3. Allergan plc
4. GlaxoSmithKline plc
5. Theravance Biopharma, Inc.
6. Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd.
7. Bayer AG
8. Eli Lilly and Company
9. Sanofi S.A.
10. Nabriva Therapeutics plc
The market for drugs used to treat Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) infections is also a global one, with a significant portion of the market located in North America, Europe, and Asia. MRSA is a type of bacteria that is resistant to many antibiotics, making it difficult to treat and increasing the demand for effective medications.
The COVID-19 pandemic has also impacted the methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) drugs market in several ways. Here are some of the impacts:
1. Delayed Diagnosis and Treatment: Similar to the congestive heart failure market, the pandemic has led to delayed or avoided seeking medical care for MRSA infections, leading to delayed diagnosis and treatment.
2. Disruptions in Production and Supply: The pandemic has disrupted the production and supply of drugs used in the treatment of MRSA infections. This has led to shortages of essential antibiotics, and has also affected the supply chain for other key medical products and devices.
3. Reduced Hospital Admissions: As mentioned before, hospitals have reduced the number of non-emergency admissions, which has led to a decrease in hospital-acquired infections, including MRSA. This may have a temporary effect on the MRSA drugs market.
4. Research and Development: The pandemic has disrupted ongoing research and development activities related to the development of new drugs and treatments for MRSA.
5. Economic Impact: The pandemic has had a negative impact on the global economy, leading to reduced healthcare spending and budget cuts for research and development of new drugs.
Despite these challenges, the MRSA drugs market is expected to grow in the coming years due to the increasing prevalence of MRSA infections and the development of new treatments. However, the pandemic has highlighted the need for more resilient supply chains and innovative approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
• Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market based on segmentation involving both economic as well as non-economic factors
• Provision of market value (USD Billion) data for each segment and sub-segment
• Indicates the region and segment that is expected to witness the fastest growth as well as to dominate the market
• Analysis by geography highlighting the consumption of the product/service in the region as well as indicating the factors that are affecting the market within each region
• Competitive landscape which incorporates the market ranking of the major players, along with new service/product launches, partnerships, business expansions, and acquisitions in the past five years of companies profiled
• Extensive company profiles comprising of company overview, company insights, product benchmarking, and SWOT analysis for the major market players
• The current as well as the future market outlook of the industry with respect to recent developments which involve growth opportunities and drivers as well as challenges and restraints of both emerging as well as developed regions
• Includes in-depth analysis of the market of various perspectives through Porter’s five forces analysis
• Provides insight into the market through Value Chain
• Market dynamics scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
• 6-month post-sales analyst support
Analytics Market Research is an established market analytics and research firm with a domain experience sprawling across different industries. We have been working on multi-county market studies right from our inception. Over the time, from our existence, we have gained laurels for our deep rooted market studies and insightful analysis of different markets.
Our strategic market analysis and capability to comprehend deep cultural, conceptual and social aspects of various tangled markets has helped us make a mark for ourselves in the industry. Analytics Market Research is a frontrunner in helping numerous companies; both regional and international to successfully achieve their business goals based on our in-depth market analysis. Moreover, we are also capable of devising market strategies that ensure guaranteed customer bases for our clients.