1. Business

Guide to the visa options available to international nurses seeking to work in Australia

Disclaimer: This is a user generated content submitted by a member of the WriteUpCafe Community. The views and writings here reflect that of the author and not of WriteUpCafe. If you have any complaints regarding this post kindly report it to us.

There has long been a high demand for nurses in Australia to have competencies and critical skills. In addition, there is a growing number of elderly people in Australia, which is putting a lot of strain on the present healthcare system in terms of expanding the level of care provided to them, especially in maternity care and community care. As a result of this growing demand of aged care jobs, overseas-qualified nurses have an excellent opportunity to get better job prospects in Australia or to move here permanently as skilled migrants to improve their job prospects.

It is important to note that if you are an internationally qualified nurse and plan to work in Australia, you must first register with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency to meet the requirements for accreditation. After becoming a registered nurse in Australia, you will be able to apply for any of the visas mentioned below. It will lead you to explore both temporary and permanent career opportunities through top aged care roles recruiters, such as Career Building, where you may be able to explore both short-term and long-term job opportunities.

Listed below are various types of visa options available to international nurses seeking to work in Australia

Employer Nomination Scheme

This scheme is open to people under the age of 50, who have at least three years of relevant experience and who meet the requirements for qualifications, skills, and English language proficiency. By sponsoring an overseas skilled worker on this visa, Australian healthcare industry can reach out to skilled workers for various aged care jobs from other countries to help fill the gap in their business.

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

This visa may be available to you if you are under 50 years of age and have been nominated by an organization that the Australian government has approved to work in a regional area of Australia.

Skilled Independent Visa

This visa is available to those without sponsors or who prefer not to be sponsored. It is necessary for you to submit an Expression of Interest to the Department of Home Affairs and receive a letter of invitation from them to apply for this visa. There is a point test you must pass to be eligible for this visa, which evaluates several factors such as your age, how well you speak English, your relevant work experience, and your occupation to qualify.

Working Holiday Visa

This visa lets you work and holiday in Australia simultaneously for 12 months. As a nurse, you have the right to work for any employer at aged care jobs for three months. It is important to know that to qualify for this visa, you must be at least 18 years old and younger than 31 years old. The other requirements are that you have a passport from an eligible country and that you don't have any dependent children accompanying you during your stay in Australia.

Skill Matching Visa

This visa aims to fill a regional skill shortage by allowing experienced and skilled individuals to settle in the regional parts of the country and contribute their skills and abilities at various aged care jobs. Applicants must meet certain age, skills and English language proficiency criteria to qualify for this visa.




Welcome to WriteUpCafe Community

Join our community to engage with fellow bloggers and increase the visibility of your blog.
Join WriteUpCafe