Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Industry Overview
The global healthcare personal protective equipment market size was valued at USD 22.96 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.1% from 2020 to 2028.
The rising product demand, especially from the healthcare industry, due to the global Covid-19 pandemic, coupled with rising awareness about Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs), is likely to drive the market growth. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) acts as a barrier between infectious viruses and the eyes, nose, mouth, and skin of the person using it. Thus, healthcare personnel use PPE to minimize their exposure to infectious microorganisms in the clinical environment. Products, such as gowns and gloves, are used to interrupt the transmission of pathogens when treating patients with communicable diseases.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market
The rising cases of Covid-19 in the U.S. coupled with the presence of stringent regulations regarding the safety of healthcare personnel are anticipated to bolster the product demand over the coming years. Moreover, several small- and large-scale manufacturers in the country have either launched new production lines or have re-engineered the existing ones to boost the availability of critical supplies, including PPE, during the pandemic.
Factors including developing healthcare systems, improving economic conditions, and population growth are anticipated to fuel healthcare spending globally. Rising cases of chronic diseases and increasing investments in medical technology & healthcare infrastructure are also likely to spur the healthcare expenditure across the globe, thereby augmenting the PPE market growth.
The global pandemic has forced first respondents and healthcare workers to adapt to new safety protocols and utilize large amounts of PPE, such as gloves, masks, and gowns. However, the supply chain of PPE was strained to a large extent, resulting in its insufficient supply. Although the supply chain has improved over the past few months, few healthcare facilities and businesses are still facing difficulty in procuring products, such as gloves and respirators.
One of the key reasons responsible for supply chain disruptions was that almost half of the world’s masks were produced in China before the pandemic. As the pandemic began, China cut down its exports of masks to other countries. Moreover, several key components of N95 and surgical masks were also sourced from China, due to which manufacturers based in other countries faced difficulty in procuring these supplies to continue their production.
Browse through Grand View Research's Smart Textiles Industry Research Reports.
- North America Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market – The North America healthcare personal protective equipment market size was estimated at USD 1.34 billion in 2019 and is expected to register a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% from 2020 to 2027. The rising healthcare expenditure, coupled with growing awareness about healthcare-associated and other infections, is expected to drive the demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) over the forecast period.
- Military Personal Protective Equipment Market – The global military personal protective equipment market size was valued at USD 13.47 billion in 2020 and is anticipated to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8% from 2019 to 2028. Body armor, eye protection, tactical vests, advanced combat helmets, breathing devices, gloves, and footwear are examples of military PPE worn by soldiers during battle or training. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is designed to protect soldiers from biological, chemical, physical, and radioactive threats.
Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global healthcare personal protective equipment market on the basis of product, end-use, and region:
- Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Protective Clothing
- Durable Gowns
- Disposable Gowns
- Respiratory Protection
- Surgical Masks
- Respirator Masks
- Face Protection
- Eye Protection
- Hand Protection
- Disposable Gloves
- Durable Gloves
- Protective Clothing
- Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Home Healthcare
- Outpatient/Primary Care Facilities
- Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Market Share Insights
- May 2020: Thinklabs One, a global electronic stethoscope provider, announced an advanced technology for healthcare workers, keeping them safe during the pandemic by allowing Safe Distance Auscultation.
- April 2020: Burlington announced its partnership with Ralph Lauren to create and produce isolation gowns for COVD-19 frontline workers in New Jersey, North Carolina, and New York.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global healthcare personal protective equipment market include
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Ansell Ltd.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- O&M Halyard, Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519