Do you own a Windows device and want to disable or uninstall Cortana? Microsoft’s Windows operating system is much preferred among millions of people all over the world. All the Windows versions come with multiple great features and options that one can easily access to perform any computing task. To boost the experience of its users, the tech giant also releases OS updates from time to time. Recently, Windows 11 has been rolled out for all Windows users, and it is a major update that includes multiple advanced options that anyone can easily use. Windows 11 has been designed with an idea to help the users be productive and creative. If you are already running this upgraded Windows version on your PC, you might have noticed the changes that it contains.
For instance, the Start Menu and Taskbar’s location have been changed in this recent Windows update, and the Live Tiles are also gone. In addition to this, Cortana is also no longer a part of the Windows taskbar. Cortana is Microsoft’s digital assistant, and it is an integral part of Windows OS. While there is no straight way to launch Cortana in Windows 11, it is still a part of this Windows update. Cortana is undoubtedly a great feature of Windows that enables you to perform any task with much ease. But for some users, it cannot be much helpful. If you are a Windows 11 user and wish to disable or uninstall Cortana, you are on the right page. Uninstalling or disabling Microsoft’s digital assistant in Windows 11 is not a difficult task. To help you with this, we are here with the methods.
So, please go through this post to know how you can uninstall or disable Cortana in Windows 11.
Uninstalling or disabling Cortana in Windows 11
Anyone can easily disable or uninstall Cortana on their Windows 11 computer. For this, you will have to go through the Settings section on your device. Or you can use the Registry Editor tool for this purpose. You will have to follow the techniques that you can see here. So, let’s see how you can uninstall or disable Cortana on your Windows 11 PC.
Instructions to follow for disabling Cortana in Windows 11
Here are the steps that one should follow to disable Cortana in Windows 11:
- You will first have to launch the Settings screen on your Windows 11 PC. To do so, press the “Windows + I” keys or go to the Start Menu and click the gear icon.
- After the Settings window appears on your screen, go to the left sidebar and click on the option of “Apps.”
- Now, you will have to move to the right side of the screen to click on the “Apps and Features” tab.
- After reaching the Apps and Features section, scroll down through your screen and type “Cortana” in the App List search box.
- Once the Cortana app listings appear on your screen, you will have to click on the three-dotted menu icon and then click on “Advanced Options.”
- Next, you will jump to the “Runs at Login” section. And here, you will need to turn off the toggle button to disable Cortana. And that’s it. Now the Cortana will no longer appear automatically while logging in to your Windows 11 PC.
Steps for uninstalling Cortana in Windows 11
Here’s how anyone can uninstall Cortana from their Windows 11 PC:
- To uninstall Cortana, you will first launch the PowerShell window as an administrator. For this, you will have to press the Windows key and type “PowerShell” in the search bar. And then, you will choose the “Open as Administrator” option.
- Next, you will enter the following command in the PowerShell window and then hit the enter key: “Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 | Remove-AppxPackage.” And that’s it. Cortana will now get uninstalled from your Windows 11 PC.
So, this is the way that anyone can follow to uninstall and disable Cortana on a Windows 11 PC. Thanks for reading this post, and if you want to read more posts, please take a tour of our website.