We all love to play our favorite songs, and for that, we use different music streaming services on our devices. Well, there are various great music streaming services, and undoubtedly, Spotify is the most popular and widely used service among all others. It has always been one of the most favorite music streaming apps among millions of users all over the world. And the people who are actual fans of music and like to play songs on Spotify might find the task of organizing their playlists a bit challenging and time-consuming. But, trust me, it is not. The Spotify music streaming service offers a great variety of features to all of its users. And it also makes it easy for its users to create folders to manage their playlists. And here, we are talking about its “Folders” feature. Do you know about this feature of Spotify?
Are you also one of those who uses Spotify to play their favorite songs? Do you want to know how you can use the “Folders” feature in Spotify to manage your playlists? If you have just started using this music streaming service and you don’t know how you can use this amazing feature, then you have come to the right page. Here, we will teach you how you can make folders on Spotify to manage your playlist. In the following article, you will be provided with the method for using Spotify’s “Folder” feature so that you will be able to keep your music in a more organized manner by putting them into folders. So, if you want to see the technique, you must consider reading this full post.
The Technique to Make Folders on Spotify to Manage Playlists
The Folder is one of the best and most useful features included in the Spotify music streaming service that anyone can easily access. This streaming service offers a vast library of songs to its users. Anyone can use Spotify on any of the devices including Android, and iOS devices, along with the Windows and Mac computers. The service offers a free trial as well, but with that, the features that it provides are limited. And to enjoy all of its advanced functionalities, one has to pay an amount of $9.99 for a month. And now, coming back to making folders in Spotify for managing playlists, it seems a pretty straightforward task that any of its users can perform. Here is the complete procedure in detail. Please have a look at the below-mentioned instructions.
The Steps to Create Folders in Spotify to Manage Playlists
To make folders in the Spotify app, you will have to access the web version or the desktop app. One cannot perform the following task using Spotify’s mobile app. So, please go through the following steps to get started with the task of creating folders in Spotify music:
- First of all, open the Spotify desktop app on your computer system. Or you can also access the web version of the app.
- And after launching the app, go to the list of the playlists located in the left sidebar and then right-click on any playlist.
- And now, from the options that appear on your screen, you will have to click on the “Create Folder” option.
- After this, a new folder within the Spotify service will be created on your computer. And now, you can assign any name to the newly created folder as per the playlist that you are going to add to it.
- And after you are done creating a folder, it’s now finally time to add the playlists into the folder. You can do so by dragging and dropping the existing playlist into the newly created folder. And then, you will be able to view visual feedback after dragging and dropping the playlist into the folder.
- And after the addition of the playlist to the folder that you have just created, you can access the songs simply by clicking on the folder’s name. One can also expand or shrink the playlist folder by using the arrow keys placed next to the folder name.
- And not only this, but one can also create a folder within a folder. To do so, you will have to right-click on the folder and then select the option “Create Folder” from the menu that appears on your screen. And that’s all. And in the future, if you ever want to drag the playlist outside of the folder or wish to delete the playlist, you can do so with much ease.
Also, you need to note that if you delete the folder permanently, your playlist will also get deleted with it. So, if you ever want to delete a Spotify folder, make sure that you move all of your playlists outside it. And that’s all for now. Please stay connected to us. If you wish to read more articles, you can get to the official website.
Elisa Wilson is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world .