Chromebooks have become the most popular and commonly used computers. This is because they are the most affordable and accessible computers that provide their users with multiple advanced features. These computers are easy to use and are designed as per the requirement and interests of the users. You can customize the Chromebook computers as per your preferences. Whether you use your Chromebook computer at your workplace or home, there is one feature in the Chromebook that allows you to share your computer with other people. You can easily switch between users on your Chromebook computer. It is a great feature that provides you with more flexible accessibility. If you are a new user of a Chromebook computer, then you might not know how to switch between users. Well, in that case, you don’t need to worry. Doing this is easy.
Do you want to know how you can switch users on your Chromebook computer? Want some suggestions? If yes, then here, we have mentioned the complete procedure that will help you to do so. By following the technique, you can easily and quickly switch between users on your Chromebook. So, go on and keep reading the article to get the ways.
The Methods to Switch Users on a Chromebook
If your Chromebook computer is used by multiple users, then firstly, you need to create separate accounts for each user. You can add up to five user accounts on your Chromebook. Anyone can switch between those accounts without logging in or out. Or you can also use the “Guest” mode feature to allow access to others. Here, we have provided you with the entire procedure that includes creating multiple users on one Chromebook, switching between user profiles along with the method of removing any user account. So, now, let’s move towards the technique. Here’s what you need to do:
Creating Multiple User Profiles on a Chromebook
If you want to add multiple users on your Chromebook computer, then here’s how you can do that:
- Start with creating multiple accounts on your computer. To do this, firstly, sign out from your account.
- Now, you will reach the account screen on your Chromebook computer. Here, you will need to click on the option of “Add Person” given at the bottom of your screen.
- Fill in the Google account email address and password for the new user. And then, a confirmation window will appear on your screen containing the information about what is synced along with the explanation of Google personalization services.
- Here, click on the “Accept and Continue” box.
- And now, select the option of “More” given below the “Google Play Terms of Service”.
- And then, you will receive the information regarding the “Location Services’. Review the full information and click on the “Accept” option.
- On the next screen, click on “Continue”.
- To use the Google Voice Assistant, select the option of “I Agree”. And if you don’t want to use the assistant, simply click on “No Thanks”.
- After this, read all the information about Google Assistant and select “Done”.
- If you want to connect your smartphone with your Chromebook account, then select the option of “Accept and Continue”. Otherwise, choose the option of “No Thanks”. And that’s done. You have successfully created a new user account on your Chromebook. This way, you can create up to five profiles.
And now, after this, let’s see how to switch between accounts on a Chromebook:
Switching Between Users on a Chromebook
- To switch between user accounts on a Chromebook, go to the “Settings” on your Chromebook and then click on the profile photo for the account that’s already logged in.
- And now, select the option of “Sign in Another User”.
- Click on the profile for the user that you want to switch in to and then enter the password.
If you want to delete any user account on your Chromebook, here’s how to do that:
The Steps for Removing any User Account on a Chromebook
- To remove any user account, open the “Settings” by clicking on the Clock given in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- After this, select the “Settings” icon.
- Now, go to the “People” section of the Settings page. And then, click on the “Google Accounts”.
- Now, beside each account name, you will see a three-dotted menu icon. Click on that and select the option of “Remove this Account”.
So, this way, you can create and manage multiple accounts on your Chromebook computer. These are the most straightforward procedures. And with this, I hope you will like this article. If you wish to get more information like this, you can visit our website and read the related content.
I’m Anny. I’m a social media manager living in USA. I am a fan of technology, design, and music. I’m also interested in fitness and movies. visit our website: