Microsoft Teams is not a new product in the market. It is the most popular and commonly used application that enables its users to enhance their teamwork through collaboration and communication. This application is designed especially for official purposes that boost the productivity of its users and provide them with a more personalized experience. It is a feature-rich platform that includes document sharing, video meetings, and many more functionalities that you can use. However, Microsoft Teams’ desktop app has an auto-update feature, which means it gets updated automatically on its own. But, sometimes, it is also possible that it can miss any updates. In that case, you can manually update it without any difficulty. And if you are using Windows 10 on your computer, then it becomes more important to keep the apps up-to-date. It is essential for the security and improved performance of your operating system.
Are you also one of the users of Windows 10? Want to update the Microsoft Teams app on your operating system but don’t know the way to do that? If that is the case, then don’t worry now. The following article will let you know the methods through which you update the Microsoft Teams on Windows 10. But, before going through the process, you should check if you are already using the updated version of the application. So, to get the methods, please keep reading the article.
The Methods to Update the Microsoft Teams on Windows 10
It is essential to keep the Microsoft Teams app updated to use its upgraded features. There are various ways to update the app manually. The process includes some simple steps that you need to follow to do so. The procedures are simple and will not take much time. To provide you with a complete and detailed understanding, we have mentioned the methods step by step. So, now, it’s time to move towards the procedure of updating Microsoft Teams on Windows 10.
Before starting with the procedure, if you want to check the version of the Microsoft Teams that you are using on your operating system, then you can do that by following these below-mentioned steps. Take a look:
The Method to Check the Current Version of the App
- To get started, open the application of “Microsoft Teams” on your desktop.
- Now, go to the “Profile” icon that you can see at the top-right corner of your screen.
- From there, click on the option of “About” from the list.
- And now, go through the option of “Version.”
- After this, a message will appear at the top of your screen, providing you with the information that you are looking for. Confirm the information.
And now, you will know the current version of the app that you are using on your computer system along with the exact time when the app was updated last.
After checking the current version, it’s time to check if there is any update available, and here’s how you can do that:
The Steps to Check for the Updates Available
Follow the steps given below to check if there is any update available for the app.
- To check the available updates, open the “Microsoft Teams” app on your computer system.
- Click on your “Profile” icon given at the top right corner of your screen.
- Search and click on the option of “Check for Updates.”
- And now, if your app is updated, then a banner will appear at the top of your screen stating “we’ve updated the app”. And if the app is not updated, then the message will let you know so, and you can update it from there. Well, you will need to have some patience as the message might take some time to appear on your screen.
- At last, restart the app by clicking on the “Refresh” button given at the top of your screen.
In case, if you are having issues in accessing the Microsoft Teams app, or if you are unable to update the app, then you can check the problem by visiting the site “SquirrelSetup.log” and then go to “Logs.txt” files where you can easily find the problem. And if there is an update available, but the app is unable to receive the updated version, then it is better to reinstall the application. To do that, you must follow the below-mentioned steps.
The Procedure to Reinstall the Microsoft Teams App on Windows 10
- To reinstall the Microsoft Teams app, firstly, you need to uninstall it. And to do that, go to the “Settings” on your computer.
- And now, click on the option of “Apps.”
- Next up, go through the “Apps and Features” option.
- From the list, select the name of the “Microsoft Teams” app,
- Click on the “Uninstall” button that you can see placed below the name of the app.
- And if you see the Teams Machine Wide Installer, uninstall it as well by clicking on the “Uninstall” button.
And that’s it. Now, you will be able to reinstall the app. To do that, go through these steps:
- Go to the Microsoft Teams download page through any browser and hit the “Download Teams” button.
- And now, you need to save the installer on your computer and double-click on the downloaded file to complete the process of installation.
Once you are done with the procedure, now the updated version of the application will install on your computer. And if you want to check the version, you can do that by following the steps mentioned earlier. Try these steps, and for more details like this, stay tuned with us and read more articles like this on our website.