Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A full and healthy breakfast is the fist step towards good health and a fulfilling day. It helps you stay vigorous as the day progresses. A high protein breakfast also helps in weight loss.
While many of us love to start the day with yummy ghee loaded parathas, cheddar toasts, bread pokoras and so forth, they are best when eaten infrequently. One of the best ways to fill yourself up in the morning is to have protein-rich breakfast so that you feel satisfied through the day.
Protein also helps launch your digestion, further aiding you in weight reduction. A high protein diet can decrease your tummy fat. This is what protein does to your body.
How protein helps in losing weight?
- Protein intake reduces muscle loss. This in turn helps keep the metabolic rate high. High metabolism means easy weight loss.
- Eating a protein rich breakfast mainly egg protein reduces appetite and hunger. Two whole eggs boiled or scrambled fills you up in a way that you end up eating lesser calories later.
- By reducing carbs and fats in breakfast and increasing protein intake with egg helps in decreasing hunger hormone and raise several satiety hormones.
- Proteins are hard to digest and metabolise; this makes you feel less hungry rest of the day.
- Protein works equally on both sides- calories in and calories out.
Top 3 High Protein Breakfast Ideas for You:
Eggs are the most common high protein breakfast options that helps you lose weight. Eggs are also very easy to prepare and offers varied flavours. Lose weight with a boiled egg, poached egg, scrambled or steamed eggs. Both egg white and egg yolks are healthy for breakfast. Both come loaded with lots of healthy protein in them. Egg yolks are also a source of Vitamin D, a nutrient that plays a role in bone health and immunity. They are low in calories – a solid, filling low-cal food. One large egg has about 74 calories only. Eggs are great to have all year round by people all ages. Eggs also contain a wide variety of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A, vitamin B, choline and folate.
Oats is one of the healthiest grains found on globe. Oats are gluten-free whole grain and a is a very high source of protein and important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. We all know that many studies have proved that oatmeal have many health benefits. These include weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and healthy gut.
These high protein legumes yield high protein sprouts; therefore pick lentils and kidney beans to ensure that you eat enough sprouts for the day. Sprouts are one of the best foods to meet your daily protein requirements.
When you choose any of these for breakfast make sure to add some fruits and/or vegetable with it to make the breakfast wholesome. A slice of toast also will do no harm. Make sure to eat healthy all day and pair up with a bit of exercise too!