One of the reasons that many homeowners opt for blinds and shutters in Sydney over curtains and drapes, is that they are much easier to clean and maintain, and most materials used for these window coverings hardly gather any dust, making it ideal for those with allergies. Usually, a simple everyday wipe down should keep your blinds and shutters looking nice and new for a very long time, especially window treatments like Roller Shutters in Sydney homes, and if they are made of fabric, then a regular vacuuming will be best.
Here are some tips on how to keep your blinds and shutters looking nice and clean, and dirt and dust-free.
- Dust them regularly using a feather duster or a microfibre cloth, to prevent dust from gathering on them which will require a deep clean.
- If you need to clean delicate blinds with slats, it is best to wrap a cloth or old sock around a ruler and clean them.
- Wrap a microfibre cloth or put an old sock on your hand for quick and easy cleaning.
- Use warm soapy water to clean very dirty shutters, and if there are stubborn patches of dirt, then use a paint brush to scrub them clean. The soft bristles of the brush will not harm your shutters but will remove the dirt easily.
- Blinds and shutters with slats can be cleaned regularly using a cloth or towel sprayed with dust remover.
If you can keep your blinds and shutters regularly cleaned and maintained like this, then there is no doubt that you can keep them looking nice and new for many years, and they will last a long time too, without any breakages and damages. One thing to remember is to not use strong chemicals when cleaning your blinds and shutters in Sydney, as chemicals can damage them beyond repair.