There are times when you make the booking of our flight ticket and then due to change in plans need to make the cancellation. But no one wishes to waste their money for nothing, and passengers often look for ways to get their money for unused canceled tickets back in the form of a refund. Well, the problem is solved if the flight ticket reservation was made with Avianca Airlines.
The airline is well known for providing its customers with the best in-flight services. The services provided by the customer to its passengers are included in the airlines' policies. Let's understand the Avianca Airlines Refund policy and the ways and processes to make the refund the airlines.
Avianca Airlines refund Policy
The airlines have a simple policy on How do I get a Refund from Avianca Airlines? that requires the passengers to know before canceling their flight ticket and initiating the process of refund.
- Suppose the passengers make the cancellation of their flight ticket within 24 hours of the scheduled flight booking. Then they will be liable to get a complete refund of their canceled flight ticket. The booking is required t be made at least seven days before the scheduled departure of the ticket.
- Suppose the cancellation was made due to any emergency after 24 hours of the scheduled departure. In that case, the cancellation will be subject to some cancellation charges, after which the balance amount will be transferred as a refund.
- The passengers are liable to cancel their flight ticket with Avianca Airlines 24 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight. If the cancellation were made within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, in that case, the passenger would not get any refund on their cancellation.
- The passengers are allowed to get a refund of only refundable, unexpired, and unused flight tickets.
How do I get a Refund from Avianca Airlines?
There are many ways to get a refund of the unused flight ticket with the airlines after canceling their flight ticket.
You are required to follow the necessary steps to make the refund request online on the airline's official website.
- Get into the airline's official website, and click on the “Manage Booking” option to proceed further.
- You are required to mention the PNR number and the passenger's last name and click on retrieve booking to proceed further.
- Once getting onto the flight page, select your flight to see whether the reservation was canceled or not.
- Proceed with the process of cancellation if the cancellation of the flight is not made yet.
- After filling out all the details, proceed towards the payment option and follow the on-screen instructions to make the payment of the cancellation charges, if applicable.
- Once the process of cancellation is complete, you'll see the link on your screen for making the refund request.
- Fill out all the necessary details to initiate the process of refund.
- Once the refund request is accepted, you'll receive the confirmation on your registered email and mobile number.
- You can see the refund status on the official website of the airlines.
- If you had made the cancellation of your flight ticket before but skipped the part where you have to make the refund request.
- In that case, you can initiate the refund of your canceled flight by calling the customer care agent of the airline.
- You are required to provide them with the details of your flight and account details on which you want the refund(if the booking was made in cash).
- You'll receive the refund confirmation of your flight ticket at your registered mail address.