Table Of Content
- Connecting Brother Printer to a Wireless Network
- Setup Brother Wireless Printer on Your Windows Computer
- The Process to Setup Brother Wireless Printer on a Mac
I have worked as a printer technician for almost five years. Over the course of my career, I have helped many people set up their printers for the first time. I have also provided assistance to new printer users in setting up their Brother printers. If you want to learn the process of setting up a Brother MFC-J6555DW printer, then I will guide you with complete methods. You can connect your Brother printer to both Windows and Mac computers.
Also, if you do not know the correct procedure to setup Brother printer, then there are chances that it shows some issue. To help you setup Brother wireless printer without facing any errors, I will help you learn an in-depth knowledge of the process in the following content.
Connecting Brother Printer to a Wireless Network
Before I share the methods to set up Brother wireless printer, it is necessary to know the process to connect the printer to a wireless network. Connecting the printer to a network is the first step to complete the setup. So, here are the steps you need to follow for that.
- First, connect the printer to a power outlet and then turn it on.
- Next, on your printer, tap on the Settings or Menu option and then click on the All Settings option.
- After that, choose the option of Network and then WLAN to move forward.
- Then tap on the option Setup Wizard.
- Now, your Brother MFC-J6555DW printer will search for your wireless network.
- If you see the name of your Wi-Fi connection in the list, then tap on it.
- Also, input the password of your Wi-Fi network to establish the connection.
- The connection message will appear on the screen when the process is complete.
Setup Brother Wireless Printer on Your Windows Computer
If you want to complete the setup process of your Brother printer on a Windows computer, then these are the steps you need to follow.
Step 1: Prepare Your Brother MFC-J6555DW Printer
- First of all, go to the All Settings option on your Brother printer.
- And then, select the Network option.
- Next, tap on Wi-Fi Direct.
- Afterward, select the option Group Owner.
- Now, tap on the On option to move forward.
- Once the Wi-Fi direct screen displays, then tap on the Manual option.
- Lastly, you have to enter the SSID and password.
Step 2: Complete the Wireless Printer Setup Process
- Now, move to your Windows computer and click on the Start option.
- Then, click on the Control Panel option from the open options prompt.
- In the next step, choose the option Network and Internet.
- Once you see the Network and Sharing Center screen, select the option Connect to a Network.
- Now, you are required to verify the SSID and then confirm it on the next screen.
- Afterward, select Connect and then type the password into its field.
- And then tap on the OK option.
- Moreover, on any browser, visit the official Brother support page.
- From the website, download and install the driver package.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions after opening the downloaded package to setup Brother wireless printer.
If you face any issues or want professional help during the setup, then you can get a free consultation on setupwirelessprinter.com. I usually recommend this website to new printer users for its instant assistance from certified experts. Also, the platform offers consultations via phone calls and live chat from the support section.
The Process to Setup Brother Wireless Printer on a Mac
In order to set up your Brother MFC-J6555DW wireless printer on a Mac operating system, you can follow the guide below.
- First and foremost, click the Apple menu and then choose the System Preferences option.
- In the next step, option Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners button.
- Then, click on the (+) icon to set up your printer.
- Then choose Default, and then click on the name of your Brother MFC-J6555DW printer from the list.
- After that, the process of setting up the Brother wireless printer will be complete.
Now, select the Quit System Preferences option to finish the setup process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Setup Brother Wireless Printer to Mac?
Follow the guide below if you want to connect a Brother printer to a Mac computer.
- First, connect the printer plug to a wall outlet to turn it on.
- Join the printer to a wireless network. (You can also use the USB cable for the connection)
- In the subsequent step, access the System Preferences window on your Mac.
- Then, choose Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners option.
- Next, follow the steps to connect the printer to your Mac system.
- When the connection process is complete, print a test page to see if the printer is working properly.
Why Am I Facing Issues While Setting up My Brother Printer?
Here are the primary causes that can be the reason to see errors while setting up the Brother printer.
- The Brother printerand computer are not in the connection range.
- Your printer is missing the correct drivers.
- You are using the wrong method to set up the Brother printer.
- The computer and Brother printerare not compatible with each other.
- Either the printer or the computer is facing a connection error.
- You might need technical assistance to complete the process and others.
What Should I Do When Facing an Error Setting up the Brother Wireless Printer?
If you are having any issues with the Brother printer, then first, you have to make sure that everything is in good condition. Also, ensure that you are following the correct procedure to set up your printer. You can connect to the Brother support team to get additional help. Also, if you feel you require professional assistance for the setup process, then you can go to setupwirelessprinter.com. This website will provide you with instant expert help and free consultation.