Dental implants are an easy-to-understand treatment option that offers a natural-looking answer to the problem of missing teeth. If you're thinking about getting one, you're asking how long the entire procedure takes in a Dental Clinic in Kolkata? Here's what you should know.
- Dental exam: Your dentist will want to schedule a comprehensive exam before beginning any procedure to assess the health of your mouth. This stage is required to establish that the condition of your jawbone and gums is adequate to sustain an implant.
- Implant placement: After your initial appointment, your implant will be implanted approximately 1-2 weeks later. The dentist will use her treatment plan to insert the device straight into your gums and jaw bone.
- Post-surgery recovery: After surgery, your jawbone bonds to the titanium screw of the dental implant, resulting in a tooth-replacement system that functions similarly to a natural tooth root. It is known as osseointegration, and it typically takes between three and six months.
- Getting your abutment placed: Another surgery may be required to install the abutment, but this will only be necessary once your healing has been completed. The dentist will reopen the wound during the process to connect the abutment to the dental implant. A temporary crown will be placed for 4 to 6 weeks to allow the gums around the abutment to recover.
- Putting on the Crown: In the final stage, the dentist will take imprints of your teeth to make a permanent crown that will fit precisely into your natural grin. A permanent crown is made in less than 2 to 3 weeks and is screwed or cemented to the implant.
How long will it take for you to complete the convectional dental implant procedure?
It can take 3-9 months from the initial consultation to the medical examination and surgery, and then to the placement of the abutment and, finally, the crown. However, it is dependent on the individual's circumstances and healing ability.
What exactly is a same-day dental implant?
When a bridge, denture, or crown is set directly on top of a dental implant or implant, it is referred to as a same-day dental implant. It means that you can have replacement teeth on the same day. Not all patients are candidates for rapid restoration, and it should be discussed with the dentist throughout the planning process.
If you want to restore your smile, contact TeethCare Multispeciality Dental Clinic today to schedule a consultation.