Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is an amazing first-person shooter video game. The game has been developed by Treyarch & Raven Software. It is available on all primary platforms like PS4, PC, and Xbox. However, there is nothing more frustrating than trying to play a game that stutters, freezes, or crashes. To avoid these issues, you need to boost FPS. Here is how you can boost FPS in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
Update NVIDIA Graphics Drivers via Control Panel
You should update the NVIDIA graphics drivers via control panel by pursuing these steps provided below:
- Navigate to the desktop and right-click on it, then choose the NVIDIA Control Panel option.
- Once open the screen, select the Help button and then click on the ‘System Information’ option.
- You should check the recent Driver version.
- Go to the page of NVIDIA Driver Downloads.
- Now, input the required info of the graphics card type, product, download type, language, and OS.
- Then hit the Search button.
- Install the latest driver, if available.
Shut the Programs Working in the Background
You should shut the programs working in the background by pursuing these steps provided below:
- Navigate to the taskbar, and right-click on it, then choose the Task Manager from the options list.
- Once you reach the tab of Processes, check which programs are using up the most memory.
- After that, select the programs, right-click on them, and choose the End task option.
- Once you reach the tab of Startup, you should additionally stop a few programs from starting up on boot.
- It will lower the overall CPU usage.
Turn off Screen Optimization
You should turn off the screen optimization by pursuing these steps provided below:
- First, invoke the Battle.net launcher on your device.
- Then go to the Call of Duty: BOCW.
- Thereafter, select the menu of Options and click on the ‘Show in Explorer’ option.
- It will transport you to the installation directory of the game.
- Reach the ‘Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Beta’ folder and right-click on it.
- Then go to the ‘Black Ops Cold War Launcher’ and right-click on it, and choose the Properties option.
- You should click on the Compatibility tab, and don’t forget to mark the ‘Disable full-screen optimizations’ box.
- Now, click on the ‘Change high DPI settings’ option.
- Afterward, mark the ‘Override high DPI scaling behavior’ box and then hit the OK button.
- Now, click on the Apply button.
- Click on OK.
Turn off Steam Overlay
You should turn off Steam Overlay by following these steps provided below:
- Go to the Steam client and launch it.
- Then choose the LIBRARY section.
- Afterward, right-click on the game and pick Properties.
- You should go to the General tab and tick the ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game’ box.
- After applying the changes, reboot the system.
If the above-mentioned methods do not work, then try disabling the Discord overlay.