When we talk about traditional programming languages, we must mention Java!. It is now the most widely used programming language in the world, with approximately 70 million developers using it on a daily basis. Here we are discussing how to build successful web applications using Java. Java web apps are internet-based distributed applications.
With Java web development, we can design dynamic web pages that allow users to interact with the interface. Web apps connect with one another across a network or through a server. It allows companies to update and manage their systems without having to install software on customer PCs. Furthermore, millions of users might utilize a single application. They’re utilized for applications like online retail sales, banking, online forums, blogs, and webmail.
Servlet and JSP are two Java technologies that make it simple to develop and deploy web applications on a server. It also includes frameworks like Spring and Spring Boot, which make developing a web application easier and more efficient. They reduce the developer’s workload. We can make a website out of static HTML pages and design them using CSS, but if we want to make a dynamic website, we’ll need server-side technologies.
We’ll look at how to create a web application using Java and also look at how these technologies may be used to create a web application.
Building blocks for a web application in Java
The following tools are required to develop a web application:
- Core Java
- Server(Apache Tomcat)
Ensure that all the above-mentioned tools are correctly installed on your machine before creating any web application.
There are many Java technologies used for Java web application development, they are
Java-based Web Application Architecture
Java Servlet API
- As an HTML user interface (UI) or an application GUI, the Java Servlet works on the server side without having its own program.
- They’re utilized to enhance the functionality of web server-hosted applications.
- Java Servlet extensions are used to create a variety of web applications.
Java Server Pages Standard Tag Library(JSTL)
- The Java Server Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL) is a set of custom JSP tag libraries that provide typical web development features.
- JSP’s standard tag library is known as JSTL.
Java Server Page(JSP)
- It provides a simple and quick method for creating dynamic content.
- It makes it easier to include snippets of servlet code in a text-based document.
- JSP technology components determine the dynamic creation by the page and contain static data expressed in text-based formats such as HTML, Wireless Markup Language (WML), or XML.
All these technologies are very important for a Java web developer. You may choose the best Java training in Kochi to learn more about the Java trends that are used in web applications. Get in touch STEPS Kochi you can get the best Java training in Kerala and build a successful career in Java.